What's cooking?

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rabbit Pie ! And, for the purists, made with shortcrust pastry, NOT puff pastry ! ? ! Cheers.

Treat off my dad tonight, he's a friend on the fresh fish stall up town... Scallops and lemon sole fillets...

Family get together at ours, so a bit of a spread.. 13 hour cooked brisket, slow cooked pork shoulder.. Home made coleslaw, stuffing, roasties... and a 2 day hangover! Lol

Posted Images

Stir fried pheasant with water chestnuts and quince .20221118_165719.jpg.a0a38610f20ea29dc443967b0bac78dd.jpg

And part of my annual batch of mince pies for the freezer . They look a bit "rustic" because despite years  of practice l struggle with  gluten free pastry ( other half is celiac). Can't be too bad though because no matter how many l make they always dissappear  .20221114_221245.jpg.b9fd2b056ec1a07afc856f3b119158a1.jpg

• Like 13
2 hours ago, mC HULL said:

the 11 herbs and spices are on the net arry some msg in with it you can’t tell the difference ?

what spices you use mate 

Salt, Thyme, Basil, Paprika, oregano, Celery salt, Black pepper, Mustard Powder, White Pepper, Ground Ginger and I accidentally put in Garlic salt Lol. Mix with Plane flour.

I used 3 Chicken thighs boned and shinned cut each one into 2.

Soaked Chicken in butter milk ( milk with lemon juice )for few hours then into the herbs and flour mix. Then into a whipped egg then Panko bread crumbs then spray with oil and into Air fryer for 17 minutes.

Sure it could be done in an oven mate.

Very easy very nice mate .

Cheers Arry

• Like 4
Just now, Arry said:

Salt, Thyme, Basil, Paprika, oregano, Celery salt, Black pepper, Mustard Powder, White Pepper, Ground Ginger and I accidentally put in Garlic salt Lol. Mix with Plane flour.

I used 3 Chicken thighs boned and shinned cut each one into 2.

Soaked Chicken in butter milk ( milk with lemon juice )for few hours then into the herbs and flour mix. Then into a whipped egg then Panko bread crumbs then spray with oil and into Air fryer for 17 minutes.

Sure it could be done in an oven mate.

Very easy very nice mate .

Cheers Arry

them are most the seasonings mate and garlic salt is one aswell some msg i couldn’t tell the difference 

i use the deep fat fryer ? 

i can’t get on with me air fryer haven’t had put descent out of it yet ? ?

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

them are most the seasonings mate and garlic salt is one aswell some msg i couldn’t tell the difference 

i use the deep fat fryer ? 

i can’t get on with me air fryer haven’t had put descent out of it yet ? ?

I don't use msg mate and I keep saying I'm going to put some Sage in but forgot again. I'm sure I can taste Sage in real KFC.

Air fry at 200c for 17 minute mate easy. Panko bread crumbs is the answer works great with Cod loin as well.

Swear by those instant thermometers for every thing mate.

Cheers Arry

14 minutes ago, Arry said:

I don't use msg mate and I keep saying I'm going to put some Sage in but forgot again. I'm sure I can taste Sage in real KFC.

Air fry at 200c for 17 minute mate easy. Panko bread crumbs is the answer works great with Cod loin as well.

Swear by those instant thermometers for every thing mate.

Cheers Arry

any thing  like kfc fish and chips chinese food you need msg for it to taste authentic mate ? 

i don’t taste sage in it i like a pattie though that has plenty and msg aswell 

i eat more haddock mate fish and chip shop style  flour pizza flour is the best water bi carb and msg for batter fried in dripping  ? 

can’t beat the thermometers mate?

• Like 1