What's cooking?

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rabbit Pie ! And, for the purists, made with shortcrust pastry, NOT puff pastry ! ? ! Cheers.

Treat off my dad tonight, he's a friend on the fresh fish stall up town... Scallops and lemon sole fillets...

Family get together at ours, so a bit of a spread.. 13 hour cooked brisket, slow cooked pork shoulder.. Home made coleslaw, stuffing, roasties... and a 2 day hangover! Lol

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, Arry said:

Triple cooked chips Rump steak mixed wild mushrooms and all my own salad.

IMG_7106.jpeg.be9f4708ca77a544d373a05f57d883b5.jpeg

Cheers Arry

hey up Arry, now then when i go chippy, sometimes, they cant fool me, but my chips have been warmed up from the day before, is that what u mean by triple cooked, be gentle with your reply, or i will smash ya face in 

• Haha 1

Little 'un asked to go to this place for dinner today. It's only a couple of miles away and, it's been a while since we last went there.

It's quite nice to be fair. It's a big place, out the way by a lake. They show you to a table and take your drinks order, you go and get your own food - there's always lots of choice and, they keep cooking it fresh and bringing it out :thumbs:

IMG_20220929_183912.jpg

IMG_20220929_175029.jpg

IMG_20220929_181210.jpg

• Like 6
1 hour ago, iworkwhippets said:

hey up Arry, now then when i go chippy, sometimes, they cant fool me, but my chips have been warmed up from the day before, is that what u mean by triple cooked, be gentle with your reply, or i will smash ya face in 

Keith the chips are washed to take the starch of them. Then boiled for two and a half minutes left to dry in the colander for about half an hour then deep fried for about seven minutes at 140c then about two minutes at 180c. They are really the best chips mate, bit of f***ing about but imo worth it. 

Atb.

Cheers Arry

5 minutes ago, Arry said:

Keith the chips are washed to take the starch of them. Then boiled for two and a half minutes left to dry in the colander for about half an hour then deep fried for about seven minutes at 140c then about two minutes at 180c. They are really the best chips mate, bit of f***ing about but imo worth it. 

Atb.

Cheers Arry

Thanks for clarifying that matey , I bought a large cod , large portion of chips , n.mushy peas fer me n my daughter at tea time, I'm sure the chips were warmed up from lunch time, £14  50pence 

• Like 1