What's cooking?

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rabbit Pie ! And, for the purists, made with shortcrust pastry, NOT puff pastry ! ? ! Cheers.

Family get together at ours, so a bit of a spread.. 13 hour cooked brisket, slow cooked pork shoulder.. Home made coleslaw, stuffing, roasties... and a 2 day hangover! Lol

Treat off my dad tonight, he's a friend on the fresh fish stall up town... Scallops and lemon sole fillets...

Posted Images

On 07/06/2022 at 18:25, Arry said:

Ninja cooked Spare ribs.

IMG_6117.JPG.0aab8c6e5d379c828b862af42ab32b3b.JPG

Cheers Arry

Did you pressure cooker then air crisp? I did some from the butchers and they were lovely but some from morrisons done the same way were shite.

I did a nice pork leg joint in it tonight. One of the best prezzies I've ever had this ninja. Pressure cooker beef stew tomorrow. 

On 07/06/2022 at 18:25, Arry said:

Ninja cooked Spare ribs.

IMG_6117.JPG.0aab8c6e5d379c828b862af42ab32b3b.JPG

Cheers Arry

Did you pressure cooker then air crisp? I did some from the butchers and they were lovely but some from morrisons done the same way were shite.

I did a nice pork leg joint in it tonight. One of the best prezzies I've ever had this ninja. Pressure cooker beef stew tomorrow. 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, gnipper said:

Just air fried them mate and they were from Morrisons covered in bbq sauce I made up for the last five minutes.

Yeah the Ninja is a bloody good tool did Cod loin in Panko bread crumbs they came out very nice, Chicken thighs in a fake KFC herb and Panko crumb very good also.

Cheers Arry

• Like 2
On 30/05/2022 at 20:54, Stavross said:

Hake fish cakes covered in panko bread crumbs, new spuds and a tomato and red onion salad with a Cesar dressing, first time I’ve made fish cakes and I don’t think it will be the last, very nice they were ?

E99EB8A8-5CD8-4E95-9DAA-1A3C5C276E43.jpeg

Right then Stav', this happened a while back with your corned beef pie - it looked so nice that it got stuck in my head for a few days until I eventually made one :yes:

Well, it's happened again - I've made some basic bread crumbs and, I've got a mix of mashed white potato, sweet potato, butter, cream, salt, pepper and 2 tins of salmon cooling down in the fridge - I'm hoping it'll firm up and not turn into a mushy disaster in a bit when I fry them ??

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Jonjon79 said:

Right then Stav', this happened a while back with your corned beef pie - it looked so nice that it got stuck in my head for a few days until I eventually made one :yes:

Well, it's happened again - I've made some basic bread crumbs and, I've got a mix of mashed white potato, sweet potato, butter, cream, salt, pepper and 2 tins of salmon cooling down in the fridge - I'm hoping it'll firm up and not turn into a mushy disaster in a bit when I fry them ??

Mine were still a bit soft after I’d left them to cool and I had to be careful when doing them in the flour, egg and breadcrumbs, but once in the pan the firmed up nicely ?

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Stavross said:

Mine were still a bit soft after I’d left them to cool and I had to be careful when doing them in the flour, egg and breadcrumbs, but once in the pan the firmed up nicely ?

I didn't do the flour and egg - I just went straight for the breadcrumbs.

They tuned out ok - I think I made the mistake of making the mix too creamy, like when I make mash. Lesson learned :thumbs:

I did a couple with chopped up sweet pepper and birds eye chilli - little 'un liked those so, I got a small win :thumbs:

IMG_20220613_163941.jpg

IMG_20220613_164018.jpg

• Like 5
34 minutes ago, Jonjon79 said:

I didn't do the flour and egg - I just went straight for the breadcrumbs.

They tuned out ok - I think I made the mistake of making the mix too creamy, like when I make mash. Lesson learned :thumbs:

I did a couple with chopped up sweet pepper and birds eye chilli - little 'un liked those so, I got a small win :thumbs:

IMG_20220613_163941.jpg

IMG_20220613_164018.jpg

Made Some using this recipe the other day worked well Jonjon.

WWW.RECIPETINEATS.COM

The best fish cakes have tender flakes of fish mixed with buttery garlicky potato, coated with breadcrumbs and pan fried until golden!

Cheers Arry

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, Arry said:

Made Some using this recipe the other day worked well Jonjon.

WWW.RECIPETINEATS.COM

The best fish cakes have tender flakes of fish mixed with buttery garlicky potato, coated with breadcrumbs and pan fried until golden!

Cheers Arry

Cheers Arry - I'll give that a look :thumbs:

• Like 1