What's cooking?

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rabbit Pie ! And, for the purists, made with shortcrust pastry, NOT puff pastry ! ? ! Cheers.

Family get together at ours, so a bit of a spread.. 13 hour cooked brisket, slow cooked pork shoulder.. Home made coleslaw, stuffing, roasties... and a 2 day hangover! Lol

Treat off my dad tonight, he's a friend on the fresh fish stall up town... Scallops and lemon sole fillets...

Posted Images

1 hour ago, SINDASOX said:

My Father had the exact same view as you jig....:rofl::rofl:.....he was wrong though lol.

SINDASOX

All that slurry curry is just to hide shitty ingredients and bad cooking skills,what's the point in catching ,cooking any animal and then cover it in that shit?shur it all tastes the same with it...your not getting the individual flavours from different game....

10 minutes ago, Jonjon79 said:

That's my brothers favourite restaurant - I don't get the weird lettuce in a bowl thing though........ you don't go to a steakhouse to eat 1/4 of a feckin lettuce :unknw:

I dint know with my beast I got two of everything, so two lettuce wedges and two lots of chunky chips. 

The meat though was massively overrated for me, hardly melting in your mouth material and not much taste. 

I've had tastier cuts from Aldi 10 X cheaper, our lasses ribeye was better. 

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

I dint know with my beast I got two of everything, so two lettuce wedges and two lots of chunky chips. 

The meat though was massively overrated for me, hardly melting in your mouth material and not much taste. 

Them steaks in my last post were Morrisons 21 day dry aged rump £4 each and melted mate. Bloody gas ran out on my bbq so done in a stainless frying pan that a bugger to get just right. What you're saying about steak houses is right arm and a leg for something you can better yourself imo.

Will keep trying to find a good one though.

Cheers Arry 

Edited by Arry
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

While we talking eating out wifey and myself met up with my son and his wife at a beach shack that has  a small restaurant and really good takeaways fish and chip style. Only charged £17 for this and that is a big plate.

IMG_4460.JPG.11f43de0518d8df6247754182e5c6a08.JPG

Cheers Arry

• Like 4
13 minutes ago, Arry said:

Them steaks in my last post were Morrisons 21 day dry aged rump £4 each and melted mate. Bloody gas ran out on my bbq so done in a stainless frying pan that a bugger to get just right. What you're saying about steak houses is right arm and a leg for something you can better yourself imo.

Cheers Arry 

Maybe it's just me but I've always preferred the fatter cuts, fillet doesn't really do it for me either. 

• Like 4
41 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

27 minutes ago, Arry said:

Cheers Arry 

I agree - my last time in Miller & Carter I don't think the chef had his pan hot enough.

When I cook steak at home I like an Iron skillet nice and hot so that I can sear the outside without browning the meat too far in.

The food there was ok but, I do prefer home cooked.

My favourite is either fillet or tbone from our local butcher.

• Like 1