What's cooking?

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rabbit Pie ! And, for the purists, made with shortcrust pastry, NOT puff pastry ! ? ! Cheers.

Treat off my dad tonight, he's a friend on the fresh fish stall up town... Scallops and lemon sole fillets...

Family get together at ours, so a bit of a spread.. 13 hour cooked brisket, slow cooked pork shoulder.. Home made coleslaw, stuffing, roasties... and a 2 day hangover! Lol

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Stavross said:

Chicken and leek pie, new spuds cooked in a butter emulsion, tender stem broccoli and a white wine, cream and chicken stock sauce, ? 

8E34EC8A-D4A5-4C9F-9A58-A68544FE8658.jpeg

butter emulsion,stem broccoli youve just made that dish even more wantable (new word)than it already is.

• Haha 1
53 minutes ago, big sid said:

butter emulsion,stem broccoli youve just made that dish even more wantable (new word)than it already is.

It must of been ok because the missus didn’t complain about anything and got me to make her chicken and mushroom soup with the left over sauce

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, terryd said:

Low flying greylag 130F and rested for 10

IMG_8392.jpg.0d298b73035ad8e07a0bb9087b7f2211.jpg

IMG_8393.jpg.363fd1f3418ec383dae29fd44b4cd7d0.jpg

How tender was it a Terry ?.......have roasted a few geese stuffed with other birds and sausage meat.......thinking of making goose burgers with the next few ...

1 minute ago, bell said:

How tender was it a Terry ?.......have roasted a few geese stuffed with other birds and sausage meat.......thinking of making goose burgers with the next few ...

It was very tender. I got a meat thermometer so some one mentioned on a forum some where don't go much above 130 before resting and it was spot on. As long as you don't mind it like that. Sliced thin as well. Was really nice and will repeat. As I am sure you know if you cook too far it will be tough. Oh also made a point of trimming well and cutting out any tendon and silver skin

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, terryd said:

It was very tender. I got a meat thermometer so some one mentioned on a forum some where don't go much above 130 before resting and it was spot on. As long as you don't mind it like that. Sliced thin as well. Was really nice and will repeat. As I am sure you know if you cook too far it will be tough. Oh also made a point of trimming well and cutting out any tendon and silver skin

Funnily enough was talking about meat thermometers yesterday ?.....what you got ?

5 minutes ago, bell said:

Funnily enough was talking about meat thermometers yesterday ?.....what you got ?

Bloody handy 

TINYURL.COM

Shop Cocoda Digital Meat Thermometers, 2S Instant Read Cooking Thermometer with 4.7” Long Probe, Backlight LCD, IPX6 Waterproof and Magnet, Candy...

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, bell said:

I use a meater thermometer, so far I'm impressed .

The thermapens are supposed to be very good if you just want a probe type  ?