What's cooking?

3 hours ago, big sid said:

thanks arry, if they had been picked earlier would it be safe to eat them.

Yes if they are Field Mushrooms mate. It's really hard to make a good ID as they are so far gone.

This is a good site to help with ID. BUT is you are not sure please DO NOT eat any fungi.

WWW.WILDFOODUK.COM

Edible and poisonous wild mushroom identification guide. When to pick, what to look for. Photos, video, safety tips for each mushroom.

Keep an eye out for Giant Puff Ball nothing to muddle them up with very safe, except if a crop has been sprayed off.

Only half of one here I gave next door the other half.

IMG_3884.JPG.fcb68e0e106e06a6f462a2bd39d52f2d.JPG

IMG_3881.JPG.ec2727ade94891f5c67d4d5fff45f7ca.JPG

Cheers Arry

Edited by Arry
  • Like 7

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rabbit Pie ! And, for the purists, made with shortcrust pastry, NOT puff pastry ! ? ! Cheers.

Family get together at ours, so a bit of a spread.. 13 hour cooked brisket, slow cooked pork shoulder.. Home made coleslaw, stuffing, roasties... and a 2 day hangover! Lol

Treat off my dad tonight, he's a friend on the fresh fish stall up town... Scallops and lemon sole fillets...

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Arry said:

Yes if they are Field Mushrooms mate. It's really hard to make a good ID as they are so far gone.

This is a good site to help with ID. BUT is you are not sure please DO NOT eat any fungi.

WWW.WILDFOODUK.COM

Edible and poisonous wild mushroom identification guide. When to pick, what to look for. Photos, video, safety tips for each mushroom.

Keep an eye out for Giant Puff Ball nothing to muddle them up with very safe, except if a crop has been sprayed off.

Only half of one here I gave next door the other half.

IMG_3884.JPG.fcb68e0e106e06a6f462a2bd39d52f2d.JPG

IMG_3881.JPG.ec2727ade94891f5c67d4d5fff45f7ca.JPG

Cheers Arry

What’s the best way to cook them mate ?

1 hour ago, bell said:

What’s the best way to cook them mate ?

I just cut slices about 10mm to 15mm thick trim the outside off and fry it mate. Should be white all the way through as in photo. I like it.

Hugh Ferning  Whittingstaw (spelling ?) hollowed one out and cooked a game stew/casserole inside in the oven.

Cheers Arry

• Like 2
20 minutes ago, Stavross said:

Shiitake mushrooms, white wine, cream and garlic, on garlic toast, just need to be able to make it look nice now

3C1C30D5-5A1F-4FCC-AA3C-DB34320341E2.jpeg

Get in some brighter natural light and it'll pop on the picture  ?  looks delicious ?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, keepdiggin said:

They don’t want work mate I’ve gone through about 10 this year 

I had 9 real good boys in my gang at my last place...I left...there's 3 left now?my old contracts manager been on the phone today asking if I would come back...I politely declined..that ships sailed.. apparently they are starting a new lad tomorrow who's coming with me...I just pray he knows how to get a mix on and keep me fed with materials all day??.

Can't wait for my nipper to finish school,and I'll have him with me...he's 11 and got more graft in him than half the 20/30 yr olds today?

• Like 3
35 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

I had 9 real good boys in my gang at my last place...I left...there's 3 left now?my old contracts manager been on the phone today asking if I would come back...I politely declined..that ships sailed.. apparently they are starting a new lad tomorrow who's coming with me...I just pray he knows how to get a mix on and keep me fed with materials all day??.

Can't wait for my nipper to finish school,and I'll have him with me...he's 11 and got more graft in him than half the 20/30 yr olds today?

I’d never go back to working for somebody else, I’ve never earned the money I am at the moment and I’m getting busier. I will be hopefully taking on two lads I use to work with. This time next year I’m hoping to be off the tools. ??

• Like 2