What's cooking?

6 minutes ago, kanny said:

On the grill today....Shawarma kebab! 

20210822_153316_compress67.jpg

That looks lovely mate, needs whapping on a rotisserie ?

Are you planning on slicing it or serving the chunks?

I have an Iranian mate here who showed me how they do it. Same as yours there, wrapped in cling film and wire, fridge overnight and then they remove wire and cling and put it on a charcoal spit. What spices have you used?

• Like 1

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rabbit Pie ! And, for the purists, made with shortcrust pastry, NOT puff pastry ! ? ! Cheers.

Treat off my dad tonight, he's a friend on the fresh fish stall up town... Scallops and lemon sole fillets...

Family get together at ours, so a bit of a spread.. 13 hour cooked brisket, slow cooked pork shoulder.. Home made coleslaw, stuffing, roasties... and a 2 day hangover! Lol

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, mushroom said:

That looks lovely mate, needs whapping on a rotisserie ?

Are you planning on slicing it or serving the chunks?

I have an Iranian mate here who showed me how they do it. Same as yours there, wrapped in cling film and wire, fridge overnight and then they remove wire and cling and put it on a charcoal spit. What spices have you used?

I bought it ready made from  waitrose lol but it'll have cumin, coriander,turmeric, paprika and cayenne pepper  on it , I'll just slice it down the middle,  half's with the mrs ,but my half will be a little bigger ?

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, kanny said:

I bought it ready made from  waitrose lol but it'll have cumin, coriander,turmeric, paprika and cayenne pepper  on it , I'll just slice it down the middle,  half's with the mrs ,but my half will be a little bigger ?

Make your own mate.

Slice breast thin'ish, along the length. Over night marinade in spices and a bit of greek yoghurt. And just layer it on the skewers. Wrap the whole thing tight in cling (wire aswell if you want) and whack in the fridge for 24hrs.... I've done it but only used a rotisserie in an oven, not charcoal ;)

6 minutes ago, mushroom said:

Make your own mate.

Slice breast thin'ish, along the length. Over night marinade in spices and a bit of greek yoghurt. And just layer it on the skewers. Wrap the whole thing tight in cling (wire aswell if you want) and whack in the fridge for 24hrs.... I've done it but only used a rotisserie in an oven, not charcoal ;)

Yeah ive done similar before, these are pretty decent tbf sometimes a little convenience aint a bad thing though  ?

35 minutes ago, Bush Rummager said:

Let us know if you get your carrot in her mate...

Already happend, before we left to go out ? The promise of good food and a couple of glasses, works it's charm everytime ?

Besides.... you should see what she is wearing. If she'd said no, I'd be infront of a judge ?

• Haha 2
20 minutes ago, mushroom said:

Already happend, before we left to go out ? The promise of good food and a couple of glasses, works it's charm everytime ?

Besides.... you should see what she is wearing. If she'd said no, I'd be infront of a judge ?

? Good owd!!  I've only got to say 'curry mix' to our Doris.. and she's got her drawers around her ankles!!?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
5 hours ago, Wolfdog91 said:

Messed around and tried making my beef ramen a little fancier. Gonna avoid potting the yoks in next time ? FB_IMG_1629781070186.jpg.9f0e55649863eda72a6a2c497830b935.jpg

Hey up wolf, disintegrating yolks right? Been there! ? Have a look on youtube how to cook proper ramen eggs. You'll never have it without them again mate ;)