4x4 recommendations

Looking to get a cheap little 4x4 something like vitara or Toyota RAV4 well something along these lines just for general mooching about with dogs and guns around farm tracks and that looking to spend around £3500 currently got discovery 4 and picking up the new nivara in next couple of weeks but just want something smallish decent and reliable anyone got any recommendations of cars above or any other for that matter? 

cheers Jake w

I’ve had a Vitara and it went everywhere off road they are just a bit low to the ground but I had no problems with mine, the RAV4 I know some one who uses one on a farm and it literally does go any where, I’ve got it’s big brother the Land Cruiser and wouldn’t own anything else what ever you do don’t buy a Nissan Xtrail I hated my one Four tracks are good and so is the smaller one the sport track I’ve owned them both.

• Like 3

Ive owned, driven and killed  loads... The Rav4 xt4 would be my choice... Get a good one for £1500 or less, don't bother with anything over 05/06 plate?spend what your saving on  good tyres, little lift kit?they are a good little truck, get anywhere fly about in the snow etc?DSC_1522.JPG.ac989e51d9cc91731972755c7eb8582a.JPGDSC_1523.JPG.84a35752c3cee093bda6881755aad66f.JPGDSC_1513.JPG.584f3c0cb31ad48bb232dd6083f3aa09.JPG

• Like 1