Don’t know about this

When every piece of woodland in mainland Britain is laced with squirrel contraceptive daily, they may eventually be eradicated. On a small island like Anglesey where there’s no easy access for them it’s obviously a different situation. Dreaming do gooders, not realistic at all imo.

• Like 1

We eat squirrel quite often, my preferred meat of them all to be honest but I`ll just shoot them if that shit starts.

Another thought is, what happens to any predators reproductive system if it predates Squirrel, especially the likes of our beautiful Hawks and Eagles, fox is also strongly in that mix.

Makes you angry does`nt it, us air gunners do nothing but good and then land developers and scientists ruin the world, ( covid), mink, mixy, blah, blah, blah. building sites, roads, rail tracks, industrial estates ) :icon_redface: am I ranting ? :rolleyes:

• Like 4

I'll beleive it when I see it.

When it comes to wildlife management projects, introductions aside, the UK's track record is abysmal.

Coordinating and delivering a succesfull grey squirrel contraceptiion plan will take years - most of them spent yakking.- by which time some celebrity will have started a campaign to ban it.

28 minutes ago, LuckOrJudgement said:

I'll beleive it when I see it.

When it comes to wildlife management projects, introductions aside, the UK's track record is abysmal.

Coordinating and delivering a succesfull grey squirrel contraceptiion plan will take years - most of them spent yakking.- by which time some celebrity will have started a campaign to ban it.

All ready a petition out to try and stop it ,140,00 last night signed, might sign it myself ?

We have a scheme in Staffordshire <no pay ,just recording of kill ratio> where you send photos of shot squirrels in so they can see if weve done a big enough dent to reintroduce Reds .Now thats a day im looking forward to .

• Like 2
23 hours ago, tomburras said:

The worst idea iv heared in ages, humane manual cull is the safest. The modern world is insane. Whatever next ?

Kids not knowing if there male, female, both or neither... ?

• Like 1