Car transportation

1 minute ago, NEWKID said:

??

I know the feeling mate.... my Mrs aint over enamoured with my "projects"...lol

The 7 year old announced to his mum at bedtime that he was going to dream about the trips we are going to have this summer. "dad says we are going to put surf boards on the roof and pick up some chicks". I had to apologise for that one and agree to calm it down ?

• Haha 11

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The 7 year old announced to his mum at bedtime that he was going to dream about the trips we are going to have this summer. "dad says we are going to put surf boards on the roof and pick up some chick

Got quoted 120, bloke is going to do it for £80 if he can do it Sunday. Relative of a friend so he's doing it as a foreigner. As said not worth messing about, he knows what he's doing winching it on a

Cheers lads all sorted, getting it picked up Sunday.  New project, susuki International camper. 2 man. Just room for me, a dog, one of the boys and a load of fishing tackle ??

Posted Images

5 hours ago, DIDO.1 said:

The 7 year old announced to his mum at bedtime that he was going to dream about the trips we are going to have this summer. "dad says we are going to put surf boards on the roof and pick up some chicks". I had to apologise for that one and agree to calm it down ?

Bit far fetched mate , everyone knows you can’t get a surf board on the roof , best you can hope for is a set of wheels and tow it ..can we get regular updates on the project ..?

8 hours ago, DIDO.1 said:

It's one of these. BUT and it's a big BUT. The one in the pic is clean, new, runs, isn't damp or covered in moss.....mine is, how shall we say.... 'a project' 

supercarry_mainimg.jpg

If its a pop top like in pic mate. check the material were it shuts down to the roof.had one on a vw.and if not folded in right you will see a crease and it becomes a week spot.they memorise.if that makes sence. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, byron said:

If its a pop top like in pic mate. check the material were it shuts down to the roof.had one on a vw.and if not folded in right you will see a crease and it becomes a week spot.they memorise.if that makes sence. 

Think I'll cut the material off and weld the lid shut, then I can stick a roof rack on it. Can't see any benifit of being able to stand up in my 3 meter veal crate. 

I'd rip out the interior, cooker and sink. All I want is room for bench seats and small table that flatten out to a bed. 

18 hours ago, DIDO.1 said:

I need to get a little camper van from Derbyshire to Lancashire. Bout an hours drive in the car so just over with a trailer I guess. 

Do we know anyone who would do it or a company that does it. Its only small, size of a Car, little 2 man thing. How much would I be looking at to get it moved? 

price should be about 

1 to  1.50p   per loaded mile 

33 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

Been to have a proper look at it.... 

Good job I did, if I'd brought that home it would have been divorce time???

It can stay there ?

IMG_20210126_112751.jpg

If you sprayed that all over with TFR "traffic film remover" and give it a good hard jetwash.you would be surprised how good that would come up mate.and a good hard going over with t cut.steel brush drill attachment on them wheels and a can of silver spray.it would look ok..

All them window seals and roof gutters etc would come up a treat with a jet wash..

20 minutes ago, king said:

If you sprayed that all over with TFR "traffic film remover" and give it a good hard jetwash.you would be surprised how good that would come up mate.and a good hard going over with t cut.steel brush drill attachment on them wheels and a can of silver spray.it would look ok..

All them window seals and roof gutters etc would come up a treat with a jet wash..

Your quite right it would look good after a wash. 

Unfortunately everything underneath, wheel arches and foot wells were rusted through ?

Hadn't moved for 10 years

1 minute ago, DIDO.1 said:

Your quite right it would look good after a wash. 

Unfortunately everything underneath, wheel arches and foot wells were rusted through ?

Hadn't moved for 10 years

Ah to much work then.shame it would of been a handy little thing for your fishing trips etc...

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Don’t you think an tranny van could do the job? I’v toyed with idea a few times

We are getting a caravan soon but I've always fancied a tiny 2 man camper. If I take Mrs away then as long as we had a decent country pub nearby then we only need a bench seat /bed and a fold down table and light. And as a bonus the kids can't fit in and cramp our style. 

Equally if I take the two young lads fishing and mooching or hunting down exmoor....then the Mrs can't fit in and cramp our style. 

I reckon it's definitely a plan for the future though. Buy a really good little van and make it into a little camper. Better than buying a handy camper that's not a good runner 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, king said:

Just had a look on ebay dido.this 1 is expensive.but christ it looks brand new..

WWW.EBAY.CO.UK

Simply one of the best examples around — totally original, never welded and most importantly no rot on the...

Nice that isn't it! 7 grand, plus a £500 for Windows/seats/bed/table /electric connection point. 

Not bad really if you want to do some milage in it. You wouldn't get a decent little camper with 20 thousand miles on it anywhere near that cheap 

6 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

Nice that isn't it! 7 grand, plus a £500 for Windows/seats/bed/table /electric connection point. 

Not bad really if you want to do some milage in it. You wouldn't get a decent little camper with 20 thousand miles on it anywhere near that cheap 

It is nice.10yrs left in that easily..those leaf springs look new lol.a little cracker that is ?

2 hours ago, DIDO.1 said:

Been to have a proper look at it.... 

Good job I did, if I'd brought that home it would have been divorce time???

It can stay there ?

IMG_20210126_112751.jpg

Fit right in parked on exmoor for your spring trip ? seen worse landys up there ?

• Haha 1