Australian cattle dog

Not dissimilar Phil, it's not the best picture of him but it's one of the only ones I've got on this phone.

I'd have another in a heartbeat,  he was REALLY protective as a youngster,  he grew out of it with a few bollockings, he's a brilliant animal around pups and small kids too. I've had the offer of a nice whippet x greyhound type bitch next year, all being well I might just get what I'm after.

20190914_152034.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Litter brother to mine

Had her out on het own for the first time marking and hunting up caught this bolter with style no bad for just under 8 months   

Posted Images

6 hours ago, SheepChaser said:

Out of interest ...... why?

There’s been a massive surge in folk keeping ACD, Kelpies and Huntaways ..... and apart from a very small number of things (heat tolerance for example, or voice in a hunt away), I can’t see why anyone would bother, other than fashion or curiosity (which is fair enough). 

For me it's the tendency to think independently and uninstructed. I'm well aware that a good collie can do that too, but there are some which will do exactly as they're told but will ONLY do exactly as they're told. 

Although I use mine for hunting, they've all had occasion to "work" sheep. On all these occasions they were given no encouragement or instruction. Something just clicked and their brain said, "I know I've been told to ignore them for the last x number of years but I think I'm needed for this one-off incident."

• Like 1
5 hours ago, socks said:

A couple of reasons. He always wanted one after spending a year in Australia working on cattle farms. He wanted a guard dog for the house but not something big and he wanted a guard for his truck as he is also a tree fellar and has had chainsaws nicked out of his truck whilst working in the middle of nowhere. 

Makes perfect sense thank you.

Poo in a word, killed a few rats and had the odd run but nothing to talk about. I need to get a ferret or two again but having said that theres not much about anyway to have a doo at. 

Coronavirus sucks as, big time!

I wish it would just f**k off now.....

Anyway, your young en looks good, will you breed them further down the line do you reakon?

?