Australian cattle dog

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Litter brother to mine

Had her out on het own for the first time marking and hunting up caught this bolter with style no bad for just under 8 months   

Posted Images

27 minutes ago, dillydog said:

Her sire is a proper all rounder, whether it's sitting on a gun peg, picking up,  being in the beating line or working with the terriers and lamp. His downfall is his pace, he's only got one gear,  but then he was never going to be a speed merchant. 

He still enjoys what he does and he's brilliant company whether it's out in the field or in the house.

20201109_122235.jpg

Aye Derek showed me a few videos of the sire strong dog hopefully these pups will get a we bit more pace from the mothers side nut strength certainly from the sire what a dog 

9 minutes ago, nothernlite said:

Aye Derek showed me a few videos of the sire strong dog hopefully these pups will get a we bit more pace from the mothers side nut strength certainly from the sire what a dog 

I'm genuinely kicking myself that I didn't take one, live and learn, she's a beautiful bitch

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, bird said:

Looks a cracker that Ken, was it  just show stuff, not sure if they work them over. But even so they still make good guard dog, they use teeth no prob lol, I on Oz site, they  still bred as  workers and guards there good dogs when we'll bred. 

It’s from working stock ... the sire came off a cattle farm in Australia and the dam was bred here from a dog that came from a working farm in Australia ... he paid £2000 for it. 

• Like 1

The old bloke I learnt to ferret with as a kid had a first cross red cattle/ greyhound and she was good ferreting around country full of rock and boulders. She missed a lot in the open but had a very quick strike and started my interest in lurchers. He hunted areas that I wouldn't run the whippet types on. A few hunters over here have first cross whippet/cattle dogs for rabbits in the pine forests.

• Like 3
7 hours ago, forest of dean redneck said:

Fireman on here used to have cracking  looking acd lurcher years ago sadly died young .

Fireman also got offered one of the pups from this littler and like Dilly was a total plonker and didn't take up the offer.:wallbash:..

Cracking looking dogs lads and may you have many years of fun with them as they sure will try to give it..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I was looking to use him over a good game whippet type of bitch last year but it never happened, I've had the opportunity to use him over a greyhound too but I didn't bother, I want another gear without losing the gameness or robustness. I'll probably never get what I'm looking for but for now he's as close as I'll get.

• Like 2