Goldfinches

5 minutes ago, forest of dean redneck said:

Parents had 2 starlings today which not seen one here for ages and A black cap.

normally it’s a robin , house sparrows , dunnocks, wood pigeon ,wren and odd tit blues ,great and couple time’s of the year a long tailed tit.

Have a couple of starlings that have taken a shine to the peanut feeder, no shortage of them round here over winter and the power lines be black with em in the summer and autumn. 

• Like 2

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Spend about an hour a day watching the feeders, longer (with the plinker) if the terrier tells me she's seen a rat or a squirrel when she's sat on the arm of the settee watching through the patio door

plenty around here , but sadly seem to attract more than the fair share of idiots  thats why im happy to fish rivers that most people ignore  As for wildlife on pit sites it teeming , water

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, .357shooter said:

well back in the late 70,s and early eighties there were plenty about round by me but now i have maybe only seen a couple last year.

It seems the other way round around these part's of South Yorkshire though the closure of the pits and other industries has probably helped with the spoil heaps being grassed over and left to grow wild with weeds and teasel growing on them .

Whilst people are reading this thread, just a reminder it's the Big Garden Birdwatch next weekend.

Look at RSPB on line to get involved (free) and they are nothing like the Arse PCA although twatty Peckham is involved but the it's very interesting despite him.

Cheers, D.

• Like 4
7 minutes ago, dytkos said:

Whilst people are reading this thread, just a reminder it's the Big Garden Birdwatch next weekend.

Look at RSPB on line to get involved (free) and they are nothing like the Arse PCA although twatty Peckham is involved but the it's very interesting despite him.

Cheers, D.

Got in touch with em friday. Expecting the info pack etc in the post anyday now ?

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, tatsblisters said:

It seems the other way round around these part's of South Yorkshire though the closure of the pits and other industries has probably helped with the spoil heaps being grassed over and left to grow wild with weeds and teasel growing on them .

Yeah same round here with the roundabouts and grass verges, council have taken to planting em with wildflowers. Saves em cutting the grass and looks brilliant in summer 

• Like 1
Just now, shaaark said:

Got in touch with em friday. Expecting the info pack etc in the post anyday now ?

Can do it online if it doesn't come in time anyway. Only reason I get the pack is I'd forget otherwise. They'll send you one every year once you've done it. 

Cheers, D.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, dytkos said:

Can do it online if it doesn't come in time anyway. Only reason I get the pack is I'd forget otherwise. They'll send you one every year once you've done it. 

Cheers, D.

Yeah, the girl on the phone explained that to me ?

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

Yeah same round here with the roundabouts and grass verges, council have taken to planting em with wildflowers. Saves em cutting the grass and looks brilliant in summer 

Rotherham council have done the same something they have got right for once.

23 minutes ago, dytkos said:

Cheers, D.

Big increase in shite hawks here

• Haha 2
30 minutes ago, tatsblisters said:

Where the escape is now in Castleford was the same used to see dear fox hares rabbits woodpeckers sparrow hawks barnowls used to be glassboughton pit and coking ovens

• Like 2
48 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

Have a couple of starlings that have taken a shine to the peanut feeder, no shortage of them round here over winter and the power lines be black with em in the summer and autumn. 

Dad said few year ago they were nuisance but then they disappeared he said same with thrushes just don’t see them anymore.

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, tatsblisters said:

Yep the same around here, the old pits are now teeming with wildlife. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, forest of dean redneck said:

Dad said few year ago they were nuisance but then they disappeared he said same with thrushes just don’t see them anymore.

Seeing a few more starlings about now but nothing like when I was a kid but thrushes as you say I don't see many at all now ? 

• Like 1