Goldfinches

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Spend about an hour a day watching the feeders, longer (with the plinker) if the terrier tells me she's seen a rat or a squirrel when she's sat on the arm of the settee watching through the patio door

plenty around here , but sadly seem to attract more than the fair share of idiots  thats why im happy to fish rivers that most people ignore  As for wildlife on pit sites it teeming , water

Posted Images

1 minute ago, sid g said:

since you told me to use sun flower hearts never had so may often 15 plus at a time had green finch and long tailed tits for the first time aswell  got 8 feeders out and they get hammered ..... 

yeah  ive had greens and long tails today also  and ...20210124_142913_compress37.jpg.be0ed18623537038ba135d58148bf311.jpg

• Haha 1
Just now, Greb147 said:

Beauties mate, used to have them in our aviaries. 

Why keep em in cages when you can have them right outside your window,  i can spend hours just looking out the window ? 

• Like 2

Can't for the life remember where this place is. 

As a kid my mother and father took us to this little place where you could hand feed all the wild finches, it was either near Ladybower or Langsett. 

Anybody know where I'm talking about?

10 minutes ago, sid g said:

since you told me to use sun flower hearts never had so many i often 15 plus at a time had green finch and long tailed tits for the first time aswell  got 8 feeders out and they get hammered ..... 

What kind of feeder are you using for the hearts sid. I'm still using the Niger seed.