Bivy alarms

I've got a workshop in the garden and following a few recent break ins around the area I'm always looking at improving security there and in the house and garden. It's nothing I'm over worrying about but it's something I try to keep my eye on. 

I was looking at an alarm system for the workshop and utility room on the house. Anyway I've seen these bivvy alarms in go outdoors. £70.

Has anyone used em? Are they worth using at home? 15m range on the sensors, 300m range to the receiver. Are they worth buying and keeping the receiver in the bedroom? 

Any other reviews on alarms or security features that I might find useful? 

Screenshot_20210124_090601.jpg

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

These days most carp fishermen are full of Stella and skunk, going round stealing their rods is big business ?

Malinois

Try this ?

Posted Images

1 hour ago, DIDO.1 said:

I've got a workshop in the garden and following a few recent break ins around the area I'm always looking at improving security there and in the house and garden. It's nothing I'm over worrying about but it's something I try to keep my eye on. 

I was looking at an alarm system for the workshop and utility room on the house. Anyway I've seen these bivvy alarms in go outdoors. £70.

Has anyone used em? Are they worth using at home? 15m range on the sensors, 300m range to the receiver. Are they worth buying and keeping the receiver in the bedroom? 

Any other reviews on alarms or security features that I might find useful? 

Screenshot_20210124_090601.jpg

They look like bite alarms mate to tell you when you have a fish, so unless you are being robbed by carp I’d look for something else, loads of small battery powered alarms about for next to nothing or just stick a trail camera up a when you catch someone beat them savagely on the hands with a hammer and people will learn to leave your stuff alone quite quickly, ??

33 minutes ago, Greyman said:

They look like bite alarms mate to tell you when you have a fish, so unless you are being robbed by carp I’d look for something else, loads of small battery powered alarms about for next to nothing or just stick a trail camera up a when you catch someone beat them savagely on the hands with a hammer and people will learn to leave your stuff alone quite quickly, ??

They are sensor operated alarms not bite alarms ?

• Confused 1
1 hour ago, Jackknife said:

Few of these dotted about the place soon see them off not sure I'd trust that bivvy alarm set up for 70 notes the swim safe ones are around £300 supposed to be pretty good I hear. 

Screenshot_20210124_095054_com.android.chrome.jpg

I've already got one of these. Problem is everytime I open the workshop I forget and set it off ?

At the minute I'm using cut down 12G cartridges and it's a faff setting it up everytime. I should buy some proper black powder blanks for it really as the cut down cartridges aren't really very loud once you cut and release the pressure in em. 

9 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

They are sensor operated alarms not bite alarms ?

Wow and I spent 30 year sleeping on canal tow path with my baby son in an unhooking Matt with nothing more than a hammer under my pillow, how times have changed ??

• Haha 1
13 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Wow and I spent 30 year sleeping on canal tow path with my baby son in an unhooking Matt with nothing more than a hammer under my pillow, how times have changed ??

These days most carp fishermen are full of Stella and skunk, going round stealing their rods is big business ?

• Haha 5
  • Sad 1
2 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

It’s the money sat in the swim mate,mine was like sting of the dump and worth around a ton, my sons camera is worth more than all my kit ?????

1 minute ago, Greyman said:

It’s the money sat in the swim mate,mine was like sting of the dump and worth around a ton, my sons camera is worth more than all my kit ?????

Nobody wanted to nick your wicker basket and fiberglass rod Greyman? ?

• Haha 2