What happened to the collie crosses?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Never thought i would go back to a collie cross  had her out today  

it all comes down to what you want to hunt and work. mine are no good on anything bigger than a rabbit, but I am not interested in anything bigger than a rabbit. plenty of types for different jobs ?

The fact rabbits are dwindling around the country apart from strong pockets. People are going for dogs that will turn its hand at anything for there sport 

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Gypsydog94 said:

Packed up just the odd litter now I think 

Seems unbelievable to think that when I bought my first lurcher (from Hancock) in the early 90s for £120 it was seen by many as extortionate yet now many are going for well over £1000.

Edited by Neal

I see a bearded collie x I think she was out of stuff that was off Hancock stuff but was a good little bitch from what I see and was told about her.. Nice rough coatted bitch. From what iv been told the bearded x seem to be a bit gamier or is that a load of bollix? 

2 hours ago, Neal said:

Seems unbelievable to think that when I bought my first lurcher (from Hancock) in the early 90s for £120 it was seen by many as extortionate yet now many are going for well over £1000.

Not sure how many working lurcher pups really are though. Keep hearing about the crazy prices but I’ve seen plenty pups being sold for sensible money 150-300 and some decent enough adults etc being gifted. There’s just two worlds now that operate side by side when it comes to dog prices .......

45 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Collie cross will always be about ?

To true. Just a shame they are a bit hit and miss. Get a good one the brilliant but on the flip side get a crap one they will put you off for life. But my question is why are they not like the ones of years ago. Is it collies are not worked how they used to be? Or greyhounds not being tested before breeding ?