Life Hack Required, Please. Frozen Food?

Hairdryer around the edges of the plastic, to loosen it from the tub.

Why did you not just portion it when it was liquid?

I made a chicken pie over the weekend and as always, I've reduced the remaining stock down from 5-6ltrs to about 200ml. I then just split it into 4 x 50ml portions and freeze them in those little plastic ramekin tubs, you get from the takeaways. Little tubs of taste explosion ;)

• Thanks 1

Cheers, Mush'. I have a hot air gun here. I'll get to it in a minute. Just doing something for my web site :)

Yeah, portioning gravy? Messy as fukk! I'm too crafty for all that shit. Got my Sawzall. Hacksaw blade in that and chop it up like a cartel executioner. Then pop Those into plastic bags ?

1 hour ago, Ken's Deputy said:

Got a square, plastic box, full of deep frozen gravy. How do I get it out, please? I want to saw the gravy into portions.

A life hack is to ladle the gravy into zip lock plastic bags, release the air and zip closed. Lie flat and freeze on a tray, once frozen, remove tray and your left with portions of envelope sizes of gravy. As simple as that. 

they really are that good

Or you could try and be smart and use a saw, making one hell of a mess of the workshop, the saw and every around it. 

Edited by Dougieboy
53 minutes ago, Astanley said:

The first part of your post answered his question ,the second part implied he was gormless ,the third part (and not by coincidence the longest part )was you patting yourself on the back ..Tommo was right about you .

It was a fair explanation of how I do it ??

4 minutes ago, mushroom said:

I wanted him to admit owning a hairdryer ?

I'm  devotee of "Occams Razor" ; if a problem has multiple possible solutions, the simplest one is usually correct.

Or, as someone said, " if you hear hoofbeats, assume horses, not zebras ".

In other words, don't over complicate things ! ? !

Cheers.

• Like 3
47 minutes ago, mushroom said:

I wanted him to admit owning a hairdryer ?

Well, you fukking shit out there, didn't you?

P1220489.JPG.809db855dd87ff8fa1f527e7378c2ae2.JPG

?

As it happens? Hour or so phone call with my Trainer. Then, just tapped the box, upside down and had at it with my Sawzall. (I must admit: That wasn't my brightest ever idea ? I'll use the plain hand saw next time. Fukking sight easier to clean afterwards!)

Anyway, all's well that ends well. All portioned up and stashed in my freezer now.

And I smell like a paki!!! ?

54 minutes ago, Ken's Deputy said:

Well, you fukking shit out there, didn't you?

P1220489.JPG.809db855dd87ff8fa1f527e7378c2ae2.JPG

?

As it happens? Hour or so phone call with my Trainer. Then, just tapped the box, upside down and had at it with my Sawzall. (I must admit: That wasn't my brightest ever idea ? I'll use the plain hand saw next time. Fukking sight easier to clean afterwards!)

Anyway, all's well that ends well. All portioned up and stashed in my freezer now.

And I smell like a paki!!! ?

Yh that will be a lot easier ???

• Haha 1