1 hour ago, iworkwhippets said:

Yes Sid i did relate the call to macmillan, but i questioned a police officer and he told me that the police wouldnt do that, its a while back now , im getting used to all these scams, but isnt life bad enough without filth like this interfering in folks lives, every email, and telephone call i gat now im wary of .    sorry charts my fault i should have stated Newcastle staffs 

Many years ago, pre sat nav, a mate of mine who I worked with abroad were both on leave at the same time.

He lived in Basingstoke and rang me to say he was coming up to Newcastle to visit me.

Many hours later he arrived, I asked him why he took so long ?

He said he had been driving round Newcastle Under Lyme for ages looking for my address ! ? !

Cheers.

Edited by chartpolski

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Probably a scam, but to be sure, DM me all your bank details and I’ll check it out for you ?

what's shocking is that they are actively targeting the older generations. They need there necks stretching 

Just send them a knob pic ,preferably in a bowl of baked beans ,shuts most fukcers up ! 

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Many years ago, pre sat nav, a mate of mine who I worked with abroad were both on leave at the same time.

He lived in Basingstoke and rang me to say he was coming up to Newcastle to visit me.

Many hours later he arrived, I asked him why he took so long ?

He said he had been driving round Newcastle Under Lyme for ages looking for my address ! ? !

Cheers.

Miss the days of the map, using a sat nav you don't take it all in the same. 

• Like 1

I always liked maps. I was quite the little navigator.

Never forget this one time, I was navigating for my mate, Martin. Suddenly, we found ourselves, quite literally, at the end of this road. It'd been cut clean away before us. We were sat, dumbfounded, staring out over water!

I looked at Martin. He looked at me. We both looked at the water. WTF?!

Then, quite by chance, I looked up. Up at the fukking great fly over we were sitting under.

Old fukking map, wasn't it!!!

Saying all that would I hell swap a sat nav for a map. 

The other year we was working down near Grantham when it was flooding and it took us over 4 hours to get home when it should have been under a hour. 

Last thing you need when the roads are closed is to be forever having to pull up to get your bearings. 

16 minutes ago, sid g said:

mate sticks his sat nav on even when he knows where he`s going 

So do I in the works van cos the GPS gives a more accurate speed indication than the van speedometer, surprising how fast (or slow) you are actually going if you compare the two.

Cheers, D.

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, sid g said:

So do I in the works van cos the GPS gives a more accurate speed indication than the van speedometer, surprising how fast (or slow) you are actually going if you compare the two.

Cheers, D.

53 minutes ago, sid g said:

I only bang it on until I remember the route, it's caught me out a couple of times though on the way home if there's been an accident and you need to make a quick decision.