How's the season been for you?

I’ve this young bitch she’s 19months old now it’s her first season she’s doing very well for me considering the lack of rabbits she’ll ferret/lamp/mooch for me I love her attitude to work she’s proving very handy  I’m really happy with her.I’ve had a shit run with dogs the past 5-6yrs with 2 dieing then the mother crippled her self then the next young un wouldn’t pull anything other than rabbits so started again with a fresh pup The covid stuff hasn’t effected us getting out doing a bit tbh as we live rural we gained 2 new big bits of permissions so that lightened the covid situation up a bit 

5D10F064-172D-4645-B34A-C98EEFA969E0.jpeg

• Like 10

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hope everyone is keeping well both physically & mentally too during these uncertain times..just wondering how you all have done regarding working your dogs this past season what with all the restr

Best season had in a long time , plenty about probably cause rifle boys aren’t driving the roads in the evening or not travelling , young bitch has turned it on and become exactly what I hoped ! Old b

I’ve this young bitch she’s 19months old now it’s her first season she’s doing very well for me considering the lack of rabbits she’ll ferret/lamp/mooch for me I love her attitude to work she’s provin

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, poxon said:

I’ve this young bitch she’s 19months old now it’s her first season she’s doing very well for me considering the lack of rabbits she’ll ferret/lamp/mooch for me I love her attitude to work she’s proving very handy  I’m really happy with her.I’ve had a shit run with dogs the past 5-6yrs with 2 dieing then the mother crippled her self then the next young un wouldn’t pull anything other than rabbits so started again with a fresh pup The covid stuff hasn’t effected us getting out doing a bit tbh as we live rural we gained 2 new big bits of permissions so that lightened the covid situation up a bit 

Dogs looking good mate ??. How are you getting on with the new permission?

• Like 1

Having a decent enough season, been lucky that I have a lot of permission within approx 5 miles from home and the majority haven’t had a problem me going right through the lockdowns (it is legal after all but I do understand why some wouldn’t want you on). I have a whippet now 3 years old and close to his prime I guess who has been a pleasure to work on the rabbits just a shame he won’t leave the bloody deer alone ??‍♂️

• Like 2

Had a few decent nights lamping but nowhere near as much time on the hills that I intended. Got my older dog and busher ticking over but also a young bitch I wanted to put more in front of as it’s her first season. Had plans to travel around the UK a bit and spend a lot of time working up North Wales and getting on the hills over the weekends. Will have to wait until next season. Family are safe and I have work so mustn’t grumble. 

• Like 5
19 minutes ago, Bobtheferret said:

Dogs looking good mate ??. How are you getting on with the new permission?

Cheers mate ??It’s lovely mate I’ve only been using the one farm not as many rabbits about as I was hoping for but there is some on there to keep ticking over on ive gotta get on the other farm for a look at some point

• Like 1

Best season had in a long time , plenty about probably cause rifle boys aren’t driving the roads in the evening or not travelling , young bitch has turned it on and become exactly what I hoped ! Old bitch has held out till just before Xmas been in the vets tonight 3 more weeks rest and should be good to come back out on the small days ! Looking forward to bringing on a young apprentice this summer , I haven’t travelled over the bridge as much but i prefer my local jaunts any way 

F902BFDF-581F-40E2-A791-7A29ECDC2078.jpeg

2E266089-80DA-4E59-8746-BA93C5E537D5.jpeg

• Like 16
2 hours ago, poxon said:

Cracking looking little Bitch mate . How s she bred ? 

• Like 1

Not done as much as I'd of liked to have tbh... Still been doing bits and pieces... landed a few more farms, been busy on the moles, and that's opened up some digging and land to run the lurcher... Started shooting a catty last march, that's made our local walks more interesting.. Not had much luck locally on the rabbit front, the odd one or two a month?sketch-1611261094757.png.faf99fa5769d1ed7009f1f25a4dac6a6.png

• Like 7
36 minutes ago, jake824 said:

Cracking looking little Bitch mate . How s she bred ? 

Cheers mate ??I like to just say collie/bedlington greyhound hybrid posh term for skatter bred?there’s just about everything in them in some percentage even border terrier an saluki on one side but the grand sires on both sides of the breeding was f1 beddy greyhound 

32 minutes ago, poxon said:

Cheers mate ??I like to just say collie/bedlington greyhound hybrid posh term for skatter bred?there’s just about everything in them in some percentage even border terrier an saluki on one side but the grand sires on both sides of the breeding was f1 beddy greyhound 

Can see the border influence d

• Haha 2
22 minutes ago, Black neck said:

Can see the border influence d

I think it’d be interesting to do a dna to see what it come back with my last litter I done didn’t pick up deerhound or any collie although it’s definitely in there it come back as bedlington/greyhound/whippet the dog that was tested looked like a smooth collie x I’m guessing not a lot would be picked up bar beddy greyhound being the most potent in the mix but to be honest I’m a tight git I don’t think I’d want to waist money just to find out something that’s not really that important 

• Like 1

Its been a bit of a funny year. The early part of lockdown at the end of last season was great, no people about and the dog team was coming together nicely. we were having lots of sport and lots of catches. Looked forward to this season and it started well at harvest, with some real nice catches, off to a flying start. Then disaster struck, I lost my main lurcher bitch on August 30th suddenly, it knocked f*ck out of me. Found myself with a retired bitch who was going blind and a pup, so was mainly messing about with the bushers. Had some great nights off with friends coming down and visiting, bringing their dogs. Then had a shitty night, my two main lamping partners came down, ones main dog was killed and other (sister to mine) injured to point of retirement (from running anyway) on the same night. Got gifted a bitch by a mate and have brought her on well and had some good nights and success, but she's not for me. The pup is coming along nicely, and the bushers are doing their thing. Still managed to be out plenty and catch plenty but its been fairly hard work, a tad soulless and ive not seem some friends all season. On the upside one very good mate (who lost his dog that night) has got himself a young dog to fetch on and regularly makes the 10 hour round trip to work the dogs. Defy had better seasons, but probably had worse. Did have quite a fair drop of luck along the way though ?

• Like 1