Here we go again

16 minutes ago, Allan P said:

Hello Arry hope you are well?No mate nothing to do with the big fella. 

Yea I'm good mate, bit of cabin fever Lol. Strange times.

Nice little dog mate, still got the other one?

Cheers Arry

1 minute ago, Arry said:

Yea I'm good mate, bit of cabin fever Lol. Strange times.

Nice little dog mate, still got the other one?

Cheers Arry

Very strange times indeed. Yes still got him, he’s 9 now still likes a mooch about but that’s about it. He wasn’t that keen on the pup to start with but starting to get on well now. 

• Like 1

@Allan P

Not to hog your thread mate, but I often think back to some of the very first lurchers we had. No-one really knew exactly how the parents of the pups we had then were bred. Sometimes the breeding being just 'guessed' at lol. Or a lot of the time, one of the parents would be half whippet, but the other half of said parent would still be a guess lol.

And some of those dogs, not my first couple though lol, were just as good as some dogs that have been bred in the last 30 years.

I often think not knowing the exact breeding puts less expectation on the pups owner.

Anyway, good luck with the pup ?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
14 minutes ago, shaaark said:

@Allan P

Not to hog your thread mate, but I often think back to some of the very first lurchers we had. No-one really knew exactly how the parents of the pups we had then were bred. Sometimes the breeding being just 'guessed' at lol. Or a lot of the time, one of the parents would be half whippet, but the other half of said parent would still be a guess lol.

And some of those dogs, not my first couple though lol, were just as good as some dogs that have been bred in the last 30 years.

I often think not knowing the exact breeding puts less expectation on the pups owner.

Anyway, good luck with the pup ?

Thanks.

She’s out of two dogs that the owners are very pleased with. Timing was right so went for it. I have an idea what’s in her tbh, I’m not asking for any miracles just a bit of mooching around in the day and some lamping and just have some fun with her. 

Edited by Allan P
  • Like 3