Live Bands

Craking topic this..

I'm a metal head in disguise.... don't tell any f**ker though!!?

First ever gig GnR's main road '92.

Seen way too many to list.. lots of Downloads at Donnington, festivals at Mk bowl and Leeds.

Also done the arena's for bands like Metallica ( 7 times ) ... i don't rate those big characterless venues though. Shite with no real atmosphere i found.. and seems like you're always half a mile away from the stage!

Rock city in notts is my go to venue now for gigs, been going 25 years or more, only 50  mins from here. 

Mega atmosphere.. loud and rough. So much enery at a metal gig. I'm on the front every time grafting 10 ft away from your hero's! 

So personal, I've had band members give me hand shake's.. drum sticks and pic's after gig's. I think it's a sign of respect/ appreation from them for putting a shift in on the barrier... band buzzing off the crowd and vice versa.

Seen Slayer twice there,  my top band! Shit loads of others from Megadeath to Bizkit, Motorhead, Machinehead Steelpanther and the Mac lad's for a laugh. That was only about 2 year ago!!

• Like 1

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Was a nasty one that Osmond concert.. 

Yeah.He was lead singer of The Jim and The Stale council

Yes mate.I was only 15 and went there on a coach with 2 of my older pals that started taking me to raves shortly after.To be honest I cant remember a lot about the actual gig as I was off my nut on ac

Posted Images

27 minutes ago, Bush Rummager said:

Craking topic this..

Seen way too many to list.. lots of Downloads at Donnington, festivals at Mk bowl and Leeds.

Also done the arena's for bands like Metallica ( 7 times ) ... i don't rate those big characterless venues though. Shite with no real atmosphere i found.. and seems like you're always half a mile away from the stage!

Rock city in notts is my go to venue now for gigs, been going 25 years or more, only 50  mins from here. 

Mega atmosphere.. loud and rough. So much enery at a metal gig. I'm on the front every time grafting 10 ft away from your hero's! 

So personal, I've had band members give me hand shake's.. drum sticks and pic's after gig's. I think it's a sign of respect/ appreation from them for putting a shift in on the barrier... band buzzing off the crowd and vice versa.

Seen Slayer twice there,  my top band! Shit loads of others from Megadeath to Bizkit, Motorhead, Machinehead Steelpanther and the Mac lad's for a laugh. That was only about 2 year ago!!

f**k all wrong with a decent bit of rock or metal mate.Would loved to have seen GnR in 87/88 when they were still a club band.Like I said at the start of the thread ACDC was one of the best concerts ive been to.

• Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, waltjnr said:

Wouldn't want to see any band years after their best ,usually shit sad old sods adding to their pensions ,retire gracefully! 

I seen guns and roses too late ,me and the mrs walked out half way through lol

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, waltjnr said:

Wouldn't want to see any band years after their best ,usually shit sad old sods adding to their pensions ,retire gracefully! 

There is something to that point, but not necessarily in every case.

I saw the Rolling Stones at Wembley in the 90s. It was boring. Likewise an AC Dc concert, though everyone else seemed to think they were great.

Saw Thin Lizzy three times in the mid 70s when they were in their prime ,before they lost their melodic roots and style.  I wish l hadn't gone to see them again a couple of years later because they had become just another second rate rock band. 

On the other hand l saw an aging Peter Green perform in a Civic Hall. He could hardly stand and fluffed a few notes but l remember turning to a woman standing next to me and saying "ls it just me or is this brilliant?" 

She replied that she was thinking the same.Afterwards lots of people said it was the best concert they had ever been to but they didn't  know why!

Motorhead 1981 were good ,30 something years later were amazing!

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Bush Rummager said:

Craking topic this..

Saw Macc Lads at KGH and Van Morrison on the other stage, Surreal but excellent  evening ?

Cheers D.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, maxhardcore said:

another fav live were James ‘I think it was V96 where I also seen them.

I remember been up on a hill looking down towards the stage when they opened up .

Brilliant .

James were support to Bowie at Maine Road and also Inspiral Carpets, went for my 30th so 1988

Cheers, D.

9 hours ago, kanny said:

I seen guns and roses too late ,me and the mrs walked out half way through lol

I was warned not to go see them a few years ago. Apparently they came on late, sang like shit and got bottled off stage ?‍♂️

Then again I saw the Who and Floyd and they were incredible.

26 minutes ago, mushroom said:

I was warned not to go see them a few years ago. Apparently they came on late, sang like shit and got bottled off stage ?‍♂️

Then again I saw the Who and Floyd and they were incredible.

2 hours late for us ,then someone threw something on stage  and axel had a hissy fit threatening to stop the show so I shouted rock n roll! and gave him the middle finger and walked out lol , previous to that he came out did 1 song and fecked of for 20 minutes leaving just the guitarist who was no slash just playing some shite that only he was enjoying....probably the worst gig ever ?