Live Bands

Really don't know where to begin.

Best entertainer by far - Robbie Williams (Glasto 98)

Verve (V97)

Guns 1992 (Wembley)

Dillon (98)

Pulp (98)

Chumbawamba (Lmao)

Prodigy (Winter gardens no idea year)

Floyd (twice - Hyde park and Manchester arena)

The Who (twice - Hyde park and Newcastle/Gateshead arena)

Madness (man Arena)

Christ so many... Not a bad life when you're 39 and seen easily over 100 live, famous acts.

The only real regret I have, is I never got to see Bowie or Freddie ?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Was a nasty one that Osmond concert.. 

Yeah.He was lead singer of The Jim and The Stale council

Yes mate.I was only 15 and went there on a coach with 2 of my older pals that started taking me to raves shortly after.To be honest I cant remember a lot about the actual gig as I was off my nut on ac

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, downsouth said:

LA Doors are a very local band to me.In fact my stepson is good mates the keyboard players stepson.Probably one of the most on point cover bands about.

Saw them a couple of times but that particular gig in a small venue in Belfast  was fantastic and as you say they don't do the Doors any injustice. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, vfr400boy said:

Last gig was hayseed dixie at welly club beginning of March just befor lock down they one of the best bands iv seen live 

Seen motly crew  steel panther! 

And saw deff leopard at Sheffield that was amazing 

Mate! Rick Allen! How the fuuck did he manage all that with one arm ??

59 minutes ago, kanny said:

Going to gigs is the thing I've missed most,  we was out most weekends seeing  bands, the highlight was definitely tom morello in the rescue rooms its a small venue 2 to 300 ,ive probably missed some out but from what i can remember we seen these within a  year before the covid bollocks 

Tom morello 

Papa roach ( surprisingly brilliant)

Barnes Courtney  (wife's choice) ?

Sleaford mods 

Nova twins

Soil

Dope 

Evil scarecrow 

Metallica 

Splendor festival  ( various bands) 

Black grape 

Static-x 

The specials 

Clutch 

Probably a few more but it gets a bit hazy lol

I don't really get my phone out at gigs its one of my pet hates  but found a couple of pictures, I must have been pissed  lol

20190603_225007_compress45.jpg

20200501_195159_compress18.jpg

I,d love to see Tom morello live,he's one of the best in my book.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

Saw them a couple of times but that particular gig in a small venue in Belfast  was fantastic and as you say they don't do the Doors any injustice. 

How long ago did you see them as its got to be 20years since I saw them in a little theatre music venue down here.Even their visuals.I was having a laugh and a chat with a bird in the crowd and mentioned how with the lighting and his mannerisms he pulled off a pretty good jim Morrison.She cracked up laughing and said"Thats my old man.He f***ing thinks is Jim Morrison"

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, Qbgrey said:

I,d love to see Tom morello live,he's one of the best in my book.

Yeah I followed rage against the machine from the early 90s and have been lucky enough to see them multiple times and they have never failed to blow the roof off, but a intimate gig with Tom morello was something special and  credit to him he got involved with everyone even having a open stage ,anyone could go up and rock with him ? 

Was supposed to be seeing Nick Cave at Cardiff in May but lockdown f****d that. ?

Mrs used to be assistant manager in pub that did live bands back in the 80s/early 90s. Unknown bands Monday, up and coming Wednesdays, popular bands on a Sunday night.

There was a band from Leeds called the Four Millions, all teachers, used to hire a van and travel down to the place, 60 miles and get £150 for playing, all New Wave covers, used to cost them to come tbh but the pub would be packed all day to make sure people got in/got a seat absolutely brilliant.

Probably some of my best night seeing live music. Happy days.

Roll on seeing live music again.

Cheers, D.

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, downsouth said:

How long ago did you see them as its got to be 20years since I saw them in a little theatre music venue down here.Even their visuals.I was having a laugh and a chat with a bird in the crowd and mentioned how with the lighting and his mannerisms he pulled off a pretty good jim Morrison.She cracked up laughing and said"Thats my old man.He f***ing thinks is Jim Morrison"

Last time was 16 17 years ago in Dublin the Belfast gig has to be over 20 years ago. 

A little of topic but with saving a fortune not going to see bands during lockdown ive ordered a copy of John lydon's new book  i could  be wrong i could be right. 

Signed copy , 1 of 10,000

WWW.AWAYWITHMEDIA.COM

He’s a legend and an icon. John Lydon changed the face of music and sparked a cultural...

• Like 1
1 hour ago, waltjnr said:

Kasabian, the maccabees, have a box of tickets some where ,wish I'd seen radiohead in there prime ,and ,Winehouse ,sonny terry ,

Seen whinehouse 2008 Glastonbury she was absolutely wrecked. Shame really as she was a good singer when she wasn’t off the rails 

• Like 1