Live Bands

Going to gigs is the thing I've missed most,  we was out most weekends seeing  bands, the highlight was definitely tom morello in the rescue rooms its a small venue 2 to 300 ,ive probably missed some out but from what i can remember we seen these within a  year before the covid bollocks 

Tom morello 

Papa roach ( surprisingly brilliant)

Barnes Courtney  (wife's choice) ?

Sleaford mods 

Nova twins

Soil

Dope 

Evil scarecrow 

Metallica 

Splendor festival  ( various bands) 

Black grape 

Static-x 

The specials 

Clutch 

Probably a few more but it gets a bit hazy lol

I don't really get my phone out at gigs its one of my pet hates  but found a couple of pictures, I must have been pissed  lol

20190603_225007_compress45.jpg

20200501_195159_compress18.jpg

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Was a nasty one that Osmond concert.. 

Yeah.He was lead singer of The Jim and The Stale council

Yes mate.I was only 15 and went there on a coach with 2 of my older pals that started taking me to raves shortly after.To be honest I cant remember a lot about the actual gig as I was off my nut on ac

Posted Images

Stones Wembley, urban dog tour ,Queen Knebworth, oasis Knebworth, blur ,paul weller , beck ,the manics ,countless times small venues ,suede  loads of times ,most memorable, beth hart ,various small venues ,Jack White, and a guilty secret florence and the machine, a good few times and the bollocks ,seasick Steve weren't bad ,forgotten loads ,a small venue is the best ,the 100 club ,and a good blues harp !! 

1 minute ago, waltjnr said:

Stones Wembley, urban dog tour ,Queen Knebworth, oasis Knebworth, blur ,paul weller , beck ,the manics ,countless times small venues ,suede  loads of times ,most memorable, beth hart ,various small venues ,Jack White, and a guilty secret florence and the machine, a good few times and the bollocks ,seasick Steve weren't bad ,forgotten loads ,a small venue is the best ,the 100 club ,and a good blues harp !! 

Yeah im with you on the small venue, I hate those arena things 

• Like 1

ACDC 4 times, Metallica 4 times, Megadeth Slayer Iron Maiden Slipknot Linkin Park, LA Doors were excellent in a tiny venue while on Shrooms, there's a good few smaller and local bands that I've enjoyed as much as the bigger gigs. 

Would love to see Pink Floyd. 

Was at v festival in 2002 and 2003.. seen a fair few there .. chemical brothers were good .

Seen the red hot chilli peppers live and James brown was the warm up act.. he was class lol couldn't of got any one better to get the crowd going 

26 minutes ago, kanny said:

Going to gigs is the thing I've missed most,  we was out most weekends seeing  bands, the highlight was definitely tom morello in the rescue rooms its a small venue 2 to 300 ,ive probably missed some out but from what i can remember we seen these within a  year before the covid bollocks 

Tom morello 

Papa roach ( surprisingly brilliant)

Barnes Courtney  (wife's choice) ?

Sleaford mods 

Nova twins

Soil

Dope 

Evil scarecrow 

Metallica 

Splendor festival  ( various bands) 

Black grape 

Static-x 

The specials 

Clutch 

Probably a few more but it gets a bit hazy lol

I don't really get my phone out at gigs its one of my pet hates  but found a couple of pictures, I must have been pissed  lol

20190603_225007_compress45.jpg

20200501_195159_compress18.jpg

Sleaford Mods are f***ing hilarious.Proper got the crowd going when I saw them last year.Saw the specials about 18months ago for the fith time in probably 15 years and honestly dont think Ill ever bother again.Very disappointing 

7 minutes ago, waltjnr said:

Kasabian, the maccabees, have a box of tickets some where ,wish I'd seen radiohead in there prime ,and ,Winehouse ,sonny terry ,

The maccabees really impressed me when I seen them i think it a NME gig if I remember right the fratellis also who were shite lol also the  horrors who were decent .

12 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

ACDC 4 times, Metallica 4 times, Megadeth Slayer Iron Maiden Slipknot Linkin Park, LA Doors were excellent in a tiny venue while on Shrooms, there's a good few smaller and local bands that I've enjoyed as much as the bigger gigs. 

Would love to see Pink Floyd. 

LA Doors are a very local band to me.In fact my stepson is good mates the keyboard players stepson.Probably one of the most on point cover bands about.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, downsouth said:

Sleaford Mods are f***ing hilarious.Proper got the crowd going when I saw them last year.Saw the specials about 18months ago for the fith time in probably 15 years and honestly dont think Ill ever bother again.Very disappointing 

yeah sleaford mods is a decent gig there local lads so I seen them a few times on the way up ,sadly they are playing arena's in there coming tour so I probably won't see them again 

1 minute ago, kanny said:

yeah sleaford mods is a decent gig there local lads so I seen them a few times on the way up ,sadly they are playing arena's in there coming tour so I probably won't see them again 

Yeah It will be a shame.I saw them at a little music venue situated inside Dreamland amusement park in Margate last year.Also saw the Mondays there.Its amazing how big the mods have got considering they get no real commercial air time.

• Like 1

Loads and loads over the last almost 50 years, best probably Pink Floyd at Maine Road, Bowie at same venue.  New Order at Reading,  saw Queen several times, first was as backing group to Mott the Hoople 1972? At King George's hall Blackburn where I saw loads of punk bands also, some several times.

Last one was either Stereophonics or Massive attack at Eden Project.

Cheers, D.

• Like 1

Loads and loads over the last almost 50 years, best probably Pink Floyd at Maine Road, Bowie at same venue New Order at Reading. saw Queen several times, first was as backing group to Mott the Hoople 1972? At King George's hall Blackburn where I saw loads of punk bands also, some several times.

Last one was either Stereophonics or Massive attack at Eden Project.

Cheers, D.

• Like 1