Live Bands

Following on from the rave thread.I love going out or travelling away to see live bands.So whos the most recent youve seen live,Best youve seen live or anyone youd like to see when or if we get to ever go to a live gig again? Last year I got to see Underworld and The Fun loving criminals both in Amsterdam within weeks of eachother and The Happy Mondays and The Sleaford mods both at a local venue to me.Best stricly instrumental band Ive seen was probably ACDCat Wembley arena or Pink Floyd in Berlin when the wall came down and most seen band would have been The Prodigy.Saw them the first time in llate 91 in front of 200 sweaty ravers and numerous times after that in front of anything up to 100,000.Always put on a mental show.

• Like 4

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Was a nasty one that Osmond concert.. 

Yeah.He was lead singer of The Jim and The Stale council

Yes mate.I was only 15 and went there on a coach with 2 of my older pals that started taking me to raves shortly after.To be honest I cant remember a lot about the actual gig as I was off my nut on ac

Posted Images

1 minute ago, downsouth said:

Following on from the rave thread.I love going out or travelling away to see live bands.So whos the most recent youve seen live,Best youve seen live or anyone youd like to see when or if we get to ever go to a live gig again? Last year I got to see Underworld and The Fun loving criminals both in Amsterdam within weeks of eachother and The Happy Mondays and The Sleaford mods both at a local venue to me.Best stricly instrumental band Ive seen was probably ACDCat Wembley arena or Pink Floyd in Berlin when the wall came down and most seen band would have been The Prodigy.Saw them the first time in llate 91 in front of 200 sweaty ravers and numerous times after that in front of anything up to 100,000.Always put on a mental show.

You was at the Berlin gig, Van Morrsion sang the chorus of "Comfortably Numb."

6 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

You was at the Berlin gig, Van Morrsion sang the chorus of "Comfortably Numb."

Yes mate.I was only 15 and went there on a coach with 2 of my older pals that started taking me to raves shortly after.To be honest I cant remember a lot about the actual gig as I was off my nut on acid at the time.Theres a whole lot of gigs and raves from the late 80s up untill about 96 that I know were good fun and I enjoyed but I dont actuall remember too much about them???

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Best Gig I went to was Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young. Joni Mitchell. The Band. Wembley Stadium 1974. Really nice atmosphere loads of weed being smoked and the seeds pushed into Wembley turf, which amused us greatly after a few spliffs.

Zapper at Wembley Pool was good as well.

Cheers Arry

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Done a few of the festivals here, never went abroad tho, had some good times, but like you’d say a lot of it is a blur ??

realy fcuking hope this madness is over soon an out kids get to rave, an go to football matches an the sort?

Tell me about it mate.It was my birthday last week and I kept getting memories popping up on fb from 1year ago.At my favourite music venue in Amsterdam watching The Fun loving criminals and in my favourite bars coffeeshops out there.Just what I needed was reminding how much fun I was having on my last birthday when I was in bed at 8 on this one.

Holy shit 

were do I start with this!!!

best gig was Noel Gallagher playing an acoustic set in a working mans club in Carlisle in Cumbria with Paul seller as warm up act. Couldn’t of been 200 in there.

would loved to seen slayer again.

I can’t even list the bands I have seen

done 3 womad and 3 Glastonbury festivals

travelled length and breadth of U.K. with a dance band in the 90s

back stage in the hacienda in madchester numerous times

motorhead in the Tiv in Buckley caused loss of hearing for 3 days.

fun times

• Like 4
11 minutes ago, Ted Newgent said:

Holy shit 

best gig was Noel Gallagher playing an acoustic set in a working mans club in Carlisle in Cumbria with Paul seller as warm up act. Couldn’t of been 200 in there.

fun times

Paul Seller. ?

• Haha 2
17 minutes ago, Ted Newgent said:

Holy shit 

fun times

Done a few Glasto's over the years.Few gooduns early 90s but it all started getting a bit too commercial for my liking.Much prefered Reading festival as it seemed to attract more of a real music fan crowd.Who was the dance band you travelled with?

2 hours ago, downsouth said:

happy mondays  would often come to manumision in ibiza when i worked there...been down stairs in the dressing room with them doing lines of coke and drinking shots...trouble with manumision though was ...it was so big and the sound system whilst good ...i dont think was good enough...and when they did have bands or stuff on it was late in the show around 6 am....so ryder ..bez ..and the others would be totaly spannered ....and sounded a bit shit to be honest....ive seen them barely able to stand...still it was good fun..

looked after jocelyn brown the soul singer ...in fact me and my mate made such an impresion on her she asked for us personely the year after....

seen guns and roses twice...once at wembly on the pitch...and again at milton keynes bowl...they had the cult on before them who were brilliant...those two gigs were early 90's

seen madona at wembly as well ..

seen a fair few at glastonbury as well 

• Like 1

Love live music and seen loads of mostly rock bands. Metallica at monsters of rock in 86, 87 ? Just as they were making it big.

Depeche mode are a great live band, one of the most entertaining shows I seen was Gary glitter.

Would love to see paul Rodgers when all this is over, fantastic rock/ blues voice.

11 minutes ago, Ratmanwan3 said:

Love live music and seen loads of mostly rock bands. Metallica at monsters of rock in 86, 87 ? Just as they were making it big.

Depeche mode are a great live band, one of the most entertaining shows I seen was Gary glitter.

Would love to see paul Rodgers when all this is over, fantastic rock/ blues voice.

Was at the monsters of rock when motorhead played and a band called bad news that no one had heard of , turned out to be the young ones doing a spin off of spinal tap 

25 minutes ago, TOMO said:

happy mondays  would often come to manumision in ibiza when i worked there...been down stairs in the dressing room with them doing lines of coke and drinking shots...trouble with manumision though was ...it was so big and the sound system whilst good ...i dont think was good enough...and when they did have bands or stuff on it was late in the show around 6 am....so ryder ..bez ..and the others would be totaly spannered ....and sounded a bit shit to be honest....ive seen them barely able to stand...still it was good fun..

looked after jocelyn brown the soul singer ...in fact me and my mate made such an impresion on her she asked for us personely the year after....

seen guns and roses twice...once at wembly on the pitch...and again at milton keynes bowl...they had the cult on before them who were brilliant...those two gigs were early 90's

seen madona at wembly as well ..

seen a fair few at glastonbury as well 

Seen The Mondays a few times and to be honest theyve always been spannered and sounded shit???I shared a spliff with Bez and gave him a pill outside a little local festival a few years back.Saw the Roses at Heaton Park on their comeback tour about 10years ago and they sounded amazing which eas great as Id seen Ian Brown a few times and he could be very hit and miss.Then we went and saw them a couple of years later at Wembley and he sounde f***ing Awful.

• Like 1

I've seen Blackfoot,slayer,Alice Cooper, ted nugent ,bb King,ozzy,rammestien,baby metal,tool,dream theater ,mad capsule markets, system of a down,cult ,bloody loads more. Best was mad capsule markets,ramestien ,ozzy.