• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mark williams looking sharp as f**k.

But that's the game, snooker.  It's not just about looking great potting balls, might as well reduce the game to pool, if that was the case.  I think it's fine as it is.

As a wise old sage once said to me; " One stroke doesn't paint the whole picture ".........?? But I do hope the lad goes on to more success. Cheers.

Posted Images

Oh right, I thought that was relevant. Yes I’ve had my moments in club and division events, best being an 88. However, my greatest highlight was against Ken Docherty when I punched in a nice 37. He advised me to sit down and watch, which in fairness was my last shot. Heart was pumping though. Sorry if I’m stealing the thread a bit but it is conversational. Come on John. Jok.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, jok said:

Oh right, I thought that was relevant. Yes I’ve had my moments in club and division events, best being an 88. However, my greatest highlight was against Ken Docherty when I punched in a nice 37. He advised me to sit down and watch, which in fairness was my last shot. Heart was pumping though. Sorry if I’m stealing the thread a bit but it is conversational. Come on John. Jok.

My grandads brother could bang in 8O breaks, i like a knock now and again when I get the chance. 

Barry West was in the top 20 in the 80's used to practice in my club, watching him was something else. 

He would have been in his late 50's by then and nowhere in the grand scheme of things but impressive nonetheless. 

Edited by Greb147

Chartpolski. See what you’ve started my friend,. History and all the things that went on when men played in every local working men’s club in the land. They never made the grade but thoroughly enjoyed their snooker, billiards, dominoes, darts, cribbage, bar billiards, shove hapenny, a little bit of cards and a good banter. These things, sadly, have gone to pass. Sit down ther in the loveliest of NZ and (hopefully) watch a Jock win the masters. Jok.

27 minutes ago, jok said:

Chartpolski. See what you’ve started my friend,. History and all the things that went on when men played in every local working men’s club in the land. They never made the grade but thoroughly enjoyed their snooker, billiards, dominoes, darts, cribbage, bar billiards, shove hapenny, a little bit of cards and a good banter. These things, sadly, have gone to pass. Sit down ther in the loveliest of NZ and (hopefully) watch a Jock win the masters. Jok.

Although I spend a bit of time "down under" I'm actually from the northe east of England !

Ive allways been interested in the "pub" games and have run darts and pool teams here, and when I lived in saudi I ran two darts leagues for the expats.

Travelled the world with my missus who was world ranked in women's darts back in the eighties.

I dont really care what nationality winners are, it's the skill and entertainment that counts for me.

Snooker fascinates me, like Hearn said, "playing chess with balls " !

Cheers.

6 minutes ago, jok said:

Interesting that. Did my bit in Saudia Arabia and indeed most of the Middle East. Spent a lot of time with the guys in Rhiyadh. Even set up my own little bar ffs. Jok.

I was 26 years in saudi. Two years in Riyadh the rest in Jeddah.

Both my late kids were raised and schooled in saudi, my son married a saudi lass and her and my grandson live there.

Still go out there now and again to visit.

Cheers.

Edited by chartpolski

How absolutely lovely. To be fair, my time there was a bit haphazard because of being moved from Riyadh, Jeddah, Al Khobar and many other places. We also took in Kuwait City, Al Dubai, Al Ain, Fuguieria and all the rest. A spell in Oman was interesting. I’m saying too much already but suffice to say, got the tee shirt. Jok.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, jok said:

How absolutely lovely. To be fair, my time there was a bit haphazard because of being moved from Riyadh, Jeddah, Al Khobar and many other places. We also took in Kuwait City, Al Dubai, Al Ain, Fuguieria and all the rest. A spell in Oman was interesting. I’m saying too much already but suffice to say, got the tee shirt. Jok.

My son had ten years as a diplomat in the British Consulate in Jeddah before he died. I met many interesting people in my time out there, but not quite so "interesting" as some of the people he introduced me to.

One of his CPO's was particularly interesting, coincidentally he only lived half a mile from my house in England !

Cheers.