Off the feeder

Put up a new feeder last weekend in my 300 acre permission. Went yesterday to see if many have been feeding , arrived at 45 yard hide and spotted 7 squirrels feeding on the spilled wheat on the ground + one actually on the feeder . Stood watching them fighting with each other over food . Anyhow  walked over to see how much of the wheat had gone , in fact most of it , so topped it up ready for today . Arrived about 1pm , saw one on the feeder , so prepared myself in the hide I made , ready for squirrels. Slow going today , five in three hours . Unfortunately left my phone at home , so pic taken when I got home 

7BB2510E-3744-41B1-8951-11807B0066D4.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, villaman said:

Definitely, one of the best wild meats to eat , taste between duck & lamb, depending on what they have been feeding on 

Yerr, I love ‘em, that’s exactly how I describe their taste when people ask me. Just skinning the buggers that’s the toughest part ??

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

Recipes please lads .Asked before but now I’m seriously going to eat a few .

Ive done them in a sticky teriyaki sauce like you would for chicken wings and cooked them on the BBQ. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, foxdropper said:

Cooking ain’t my department lads so make it fecking simple but tasty please .

I find two best ways are Salt& pepper them , put in roasting tin with olive oil sprinkled over ,  cook in high oven for 10 mins then cover with tin foil and cook until tender 

Or put in saucepan with onion , carrots   Pepper corns, and bay leaf , cover with water , bring to boil , once boiling skim of scum , then simmer for 15 mins , then roast in oven for 10-15 mins 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 19/01/2021 at 20:53, mark williams said:

Delicious simply fried in a frying pan, the American way.

Not hard to skin at all by the way.

IMG_0432.JPG.83191f1e6707eac5ffc45e561845dd59.JPG

IMG_0851.JPG.dad05453d2a368e1501df8f670d0b011.JPG

Some butchery skills there marko. 

• Like 1