I've had two in the last week, though it was the kelpies rather my aim that got them. They have different approaches. Noggin tries to live retrieve them while Ned shakes like mad to break the neck and then repeatedly crunches their heads until he gets bored. He was bitten by one last year so now he takes no prisoners.

• Like 3

Good shooting Mr Wilkes . The woods near me are crawling with them an hour and half walk around them is not unusual to see high double figures i find it a right buzz to knock one out of a tree with something as basic as a catapult and a steel or lead ball more so than with an air rifle with scope's on.

• Like 3
5 hours ago, big napper said:

Nice one pal, bet they must be awkward to get with a catapult

They can be crafty but the pups realised that if the keeps em spinning around the tree then he gets to play with one when I’ve shot it.

• Like 3
3 hours ago, tatsblisters said:

Good shooting Mr Wilkes . The woods near me are crawling with them an hour and half walk around them is not unusual to see high double figures i find it a right buzz to knock one out of a tree with something as basic as a catapult and a steel or lead ball more so than with an air rifle with scope's on.

Sold all my guns a while back and only shoot the catty now, I’m getting far more enjoyment from it .

• Like 3
Just now, Mr Wilkes said:

Sold all my guns a while back and only shoot the catty now, I’m getting far more enjoyment from it .

Same here feller the lurcher bitch i got is like one of them american tree dogs lucky really as that about all its good for ? good craic busting a few squirrels 

• Like 3
51 minutes ago, Mr Wilkes said:

years ago it would have been the folding fourten and high powered air rifles. now as said before a changing world full of do gooders. but we have adapted to it and are enjoying it, talk about old dogs and new tricks ?

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Mr Wilkes said:

Still got an old hw 80 here but wouldn't risk going down these woods with it due to doo Gooders and the public walking about. 

Edited by tatsblisters
Spelling mistake
  • Like 1

I can remember an air rifle being kept in a cupboard in the kitchen alongside the hoover. Well, I say hoover but it was actually one of those push along ones which wasn't plugged in. This was back in the 70s.

2 hours ago, fred90 said:

years ago it would have been the folding fourten and high powered air rifles. now as said before a changing world full of do gooders. but we have adapted to it and are enjoying it, talk about old dogs and new tricks ?

It’s like being a kid again ?

• Like 1