Hutch

I'm hoping to get a couple  of jills this year and am looking for a hutch for them I've seen lots of the lads use sheds but I just don't have the room in my yard for that so I was wondering if any one could suggest what hutch I should get or put a few pictures up of what you are using cheers

This is my cage it’s 10 foot long 3 foot wide two story at the moment I have closed of the top to the bottom as I have a Jill with 4 kits and the big fella lives up top. It has plenty of ventilation and mostly made from steel. It also has sleeping boxes on both levels. Always make sure you have plenty of water on both levels just in case a ferret is unable to get to the level where the water is. I have always had 4 to 5 ferrets in it and they seem to be very happy living in it. I also have another cage on top it’s 6 foot long and 18 inches wide the only time I use it is when I am cleaning out the big cage. The main thing is to have a very good locking system as I do have one cheeky ferret who will put her pour through the mesh and lets her self out. She is very tiny ferret but a good worker and good mother to her young ones. I have found plenty of ventilation helps keep the smell down. And good sleeping boxes. 

15147703-01B8-45E4-80C3-18B752C3ADA2.jpeg

70BED470-D15F-4D66-83C3-B91807546CB3.jpeg

• Like 3