How do you feel about the Union ?

6 hours ago, shovel leaner said:

I’ve been following , reading ,  watching what the SNP are saying , wanting another referendum, wanting to get back into the EU . They are a nationalist party so I get that . 
         My own feelings are as an Englishman we are stronger and better as a Union. I’ve watched some interviews of the general public in Scotland and I’m none the wiser . Why does there still even after the referendum seem to be a desire to be independent? Is it the Brave heart thing ? Do the Scott’s hate us that much ? Is it financial, do they think they will be better off apart ? 
       Has Sturgeon got her sums right ? Is Scotland able to flourish without being part of the UK ? Is it even the right time at the moment for Sturgeon to be talking to Brussels when there are surely more pressing things to be talking about at the moment ? 

True "Nationalists" do not want to hand their country to a union, federation or a dictatorship ;)

I voted Brexit because I am sick of unelected officials making policy and law! Scotland without the UK is no more than Bulgaria to the EUROPEAN UNION! Joined we'll be stronger you say? lmao, you would have about as much say as the snail about to be eaten by a frog and then squashed by a a jar of kraut.

Silly boys and girls to believe someone who like Blair, wants a seat at the table. Krankey, the wee slag breaking up something that has taken the world and defended two world wars and countless smaller ones.

FRRRRREEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMM!

Fuucking Braveheart wanting cnuts!

• Like 2

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wanted out of EU, Not out of the UK. I think we are better off united. Lads say we can survive on our oil, Boll*cks to that, it fluctuates too much and they are Idiots if they think "get away f

I have friends in Wales and have met and liked many from Scotland and Ireland . Individually they are all great , but something happens when the Rugby internationals come around, all of a sudden I’m a

13th century England invaded & claimed us as part of England ?. But wasn't until Henry viii that an official union was declared. Looking back on it, I now realise how nationalist leaning my s

I wanted out of EU, Not out of the UK. I think we are better off united.

Lads say we can survive on our oil, Boll*cks to that, it fluctuates too much and they are Idiots if they think "get away from england and rejoin eu". It's all the mongo down and outs that think that's a good idea. They dont want to be governed by Westminster but happy to be ruled over by the EU, doesn't make sense to me.

I don't get the feeling Scotland hates england,eapecially after the referendum. As a scotsman I certainly dont. I have banter with my English mates. Call them all sorts and they do the same to me. My father in law is from Manchester way, he does claim to be a missionary here to educate the Scots though ?

That sturgeon is clueless of where she will get the money to run us from or what will happen if the vote actually went through, she only cares about getting independence and she cant take no for an answer much to the annoyance of most Scots.

• Like 6

I have friends in Wales and have met and liked many from Scotland and Ireland . Individually they are all great , but something happens when the Rugby internationals come around, all of a sudden I’m an “English b*****d “. ?I wouldn’t have it any other way . It would be a dull place if we were all the same . 

• Like 4
32 minutes ago, shovel leaner said:

I have friends in Wales and have met and liked many from Scotland and Ireland . Individually they are all great , but something happens when the Rugby internationals come around, all of a sudden I’m an “English b*****d “. ?I wouldn’t have it any other way . It would be a dull place if we were all the same . 

Well rugby is a different matter lol.

It would be a dull place if we didn't have that rivalry banter. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, pesky1972 said:

Just make sure you only shoot the miserable scrounging grey (English) ones.., don’t be shooting any of those lovely wee ginger (Scottish) ones. 

No problem , there aren’t any Scottish ones around here. I did see a few accosting passers by from their sleeping bags in shop doorways surrounded by bottles of frosty jacks , but by and large they have been eradicated by the successful greys and are only found in a few cold and inhospitable areas . 

1 hour ago, shovel leaner said:

That's because during the 6 Nations you are all English b*****ds ?

• Haha 2
11 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

Would you English lads have the same opinion of the union if you're laws and policies were being made in Scotland by its most powerful party the snp?

I don't get the whole resentment to being governed by Westminster thing. I am a proud Welshman but also realistic enough to know that Wales is better off as a part of the UK. Not going to waste my time on a political argument but out of all the home nations its the Northern Irish who have the easiest option to be ruled by their peers....Just move south. ?

• Like 3
25 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

Would you English lads have the same opinion of the union if you're laws and policies were being made in Scotland by its most powerful party the snp?

If we had free university, free prescriptions , etc , etc , I can’t see a problem? Scotland has its own parliament,  it also has representatives in the House of Commons, there are no English MPs in the Scottish parliament. I think it’s the he English who feel hard done by .

• Like 3
2 hours ago, hambone said:

I don't get the whole resentment to being governed by Westminster thing. I am a proud Welshman but also realistic enough to know that Wales is better off as a part of the UK. Not going to waste my time on a political argument but out of all the home nations its the Northern Irish who have the easiest option to be ruled by their peers....Just move south. ?

I don't know much about Welsh history but how did yous become part of the union? 

On 14/01/2021 at 22:04, dogmandont said:

I don't know much about Welsh history but how did yous become part of the union? 

Apologies for the slow reply , i haven't been able to get on. By force is the answer but at some point you have to move on. I fkn hate Romans.......Cnts.

• Haha 2