He shot one ten years ago and had it mounted.He swore he wouldn't shoot another as they are so majestic looking and rare in our area.He said this one is bigger and better looking.He thought it was a large tomcat but turned out a huge queen for our area.22 lbs I wasn't there when it was weighed ?

The old man hit it full run as bobcats are not stupid and quickly realized humans were there.He will have it mounted.In our area sportsmanship dictates that you don't kill a bobcat unless you're willing to mount it.

• Like 8
8 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

How rare are them bobcats mate? Considering like most hunters you spend an awful lot time out into he land, may times you saw them in wild ? An is it only ever a fleeting glimpse?

I see about one a year in my area and it's generally a fleeting glimpse and I average being out 4 days a week six months a year.Ive seen one this year in the swamps at night while driving the boat.He was on the end of a log trying to catch fish.I tried to get a picture but wasn't fast enough.My brother and father hunt land adjoining a national Forrest that is 144,000 acres.Basically no human contact.My brother filmed two playing under his tree stand last year.The further you get from civilization and into hill country the more your chances of seeing them.

17 minutes ago, David.evans said:

Really nice it’s getting mounted instead of just been ditched ?

Bobcat must be registered here with the authorities and they will place a seal on it.If you just throwed one in a ditch you would be arrested after which you would have to answer to some mad rednecks?  

My cousin caught a bobcat as a kitten and tried to make a pet of it.It was the worse thing ever.It stayed hidden at all times.Most people who came over never knew there was a bobcat in the house.My little brother went over to watch a football game.While sitting on the couch he dropped the TV remote.When he reached under the couch to pick it up the  TV remote the bobcat shot out from under couch and attacked him.They turned it loose at about 6 months old as they were afraid it would kill the whole family ?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
3 hours ago, Rickshaw swami said:

He shot one ten years ago and had it mounted.He swore he wouldn't shoot another as they are so majestic looking and rare in our area.He said this one is bigger and better looking.He thought it was a large tomcat but turned out a huge queen for our area.22 lbs I wasn't there when it was weighed ?

The old man hit it full run as bobcats are not stupid and quickly realized humans were there.He will have it mounted.In our area sportsmanship dictates that you don't kill a bobcat unless you're willing to mount it.

Will he be having them both mounted together......or just holding hands?   ?

?

• Haha 3
6 minutes ago, David.evans said:

So what does the bobcat attack regarding live stock 

or is it on parr with our red fox ? 

It's diet is closer to a fox.Mostly squirrels rats rabbits.Ive never heard of any catching chickens as they prefer to stay far away from humans.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, David.evans said:

So what does the bobcat attack regarding live stock 

or is it on parr with our red fox ? 

Depending on state they will go after stuff as large as goats. Generally if they go after live stick though is going to be stuff like chickens , they are hell on wild turkey ,quail ,pheasants and rabbits.  But in places like caliafornia where they've gotten so used to people they will attack digs cats and people as well .unnamed.jpg.33f17ddda5a036527e721db861f27b2f.jpgLots of control trappers get paid good money to get them off the big game ranches in Texas and such. Where theirs good food and cover they can become kinda prolific. Think this guy ( clint locklear if anyone is curious) said he's been averaging 150 or so off of two ranches for the last few years.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1