Slow Cooker

Ain't they the dogs bollix!! Literally throw all the ingredients into them, and let it do its thing. Go out and do whatever, and don't have to even think about it. Done a stew yesterday. Stuck it on yesterday morning, and left it till about three o clock, and it was spot on.?

• Like 7

41 minutes ago, EDDIE B said:

Ain't they the dogs bollix!! Literally throw all the ingredients into them, and let it do its thing. Go out and do whatever, and don't have to even think about it. Done a stew yesterday. Stuck it on yesterday morning, and left it till about three o clock, and it was spot on.?

Also does a lovely overnight bit of porridge if your into that and any dead animal of advancing years or shit cut of meat will come out like a tender young thing after a long slow cook in red wine ??

• Like 1

You fukking savages! And I expect you still play Bay City Rollers numbers?

I have a slow cooker. I also have a rice cooker. A steamer and god knows what else - all buried away and gathering dust in my store room.

Because, like it or not, we're in the 2020's now. Things have moved on.

My " Instant Pot " (Electric Pressure Cooker) sits there, on the side. Press a button and it becomes a Slow Cooker. Rice Cooker. Steamer. It can do your porridge. Saute. Yoghurt?!?   And a stew? Chuck everything in. Hit a button. Dinner's ready in about thirty five minutes!

Here's mine. And it's only the most basic model. These too have advanced since :)

In 2009, Dr. Robert Wang began meditating on the idea of building a smart multicooker, marrying his love for cuisine and computer algorithms. Along with two friends and no outside investment, the trio announced their creation in 2010: a remarkable new device that combined pressure cooking and slow cooking with the versatility of the rice cookers of their childhood: the Instant Pot.

............ just saying :whistling: :laugh:

• Haha 3

God this corona virus has a lot to answer for.!  The population has been forced to rummage through their cupboards finding all of those handy gadgets that were the dogs bits but never got used . The omelette maker, the sandwich toaster, the thing that chopped up salad and made cucumbers into slices. But people are lòoking at these again thinking,  that was a good idea. But they'll likely end up back in the cupboard again. I'll have to suggest to her about a stew.

1 hour ago, Jonjon79 said:

......... just saying :whistling: :laugh:

At least they're Canadian owned ;) And, your slow cooker, and just about everything else in your kitchen and tool shed ....?

At least I Try 8) Still wrecking my head, trying to find a non chink made rotary cheese grater.

7 hours ago, EDDIE B said:

Every house should have 1 mate and it’s the best thing for this time of year for a good game stew?

• Like 2
30 minutes ago, lurchers said:

Every house should have 1 mate and it’s the best thing for this time of year for a good game stew?

Yea most definitely. Game and any meat for that matter can be hit and miss when it comes to tenderness. The slow cooker does a great job no matter what way the meat is

• Like 2
8 hours ago, Ken's Deputy said:

At least they're Canadian owned ;) And, your slow cooker, and just about everything else in your kitchen and tool shed ....?

At least I Try 8) Still wrecking my head, trying to find a non chink made rotary cheese grater.

There's nothing wrong with a bit of Chinese tech mate - they usually do it quite well :thumbs:

.......... And to be fair, your cooking pot looks like a handy bit of kit.

What, the epc? That thing's, ~ to a slow cooker ~ what a microwave is to rubbing two sticks together :)

I know all the wondrous things in favour of a slowy. I used one for years. Now, I get all that and more in less than half of eighty minutes. Fukk eight Hours!

Interesting question, actually! If I hit the " Slow Cooker " button on it; What will it do?! ?

10 hours ago, Ken's Deputy said:

You fukking savages! And I expect you still play Bay City Rollers numbers?

I have a slow cooker. I also have a rice cooker. A steamer and god knows what else - all buried away and gathering dust in my store room.

Because, like it or not, we're in the 2020's now. Things have moved on.

My " Instant Pot " (Electric Pressure Cooker) sits there, on the side. Press a button and it becomes a Slow Cooker. Rice Cooker. Steamer. It can do your porridge. Saute. Yoghurt?!?   And a stew? Chuck everything in. Hit a button. Dinner's ready in about thirty five minutes!

Here's mine. And it's only the most basic model. These too have advanced since :)

Show off??

A looks the biz that lad?

• Like 1

Funny, actually, mate. I was in a beer forum. Just popped in one night and the first post to catch my eye was from the only female in the place. She was ranting and raving about this new gadget she'd got. Basically saying it was the best thing since sliced bread.

Well, I'm not really sure why. But, completely without any thought or consideration, I just clicked the link to Amazon and bought one! It was like an unconscious reflex. And, it'd be fair to say; It pretty much changed my life.

I guess it's comparable to a slow cooker? But, this thing's on 'roids. It does other things. And it does them ridiculously fast! Chuck in the makings of a stew / chilli / curry? Hit the button. Forty minutes later? It's on your plate.

Doesn't seem to register on my electric bill either. No idea what it uses.