Had a call from a friend yesterday telling me he had been in a house where a man had pass away and before he died he'd been feeding the rats....and now they were taking over. He claimed hundreds and asked me to take the dogs. 

He was taking bets on how many we would kill...20...30....50! I knew from experience that even semi tame rats soon learn the score and with 4 people and 3 dogs in a tight space we would be tripping over each other rather than catching rats in a hoarders house. So I ssid 3.

We as we pulled in the drive they were running between a parked car and the front door, we later found 2 sacks of dog food in the boot so they were obviously carrying that into the house. 

I have seen many hoarders homes but never a house so full of rat shit as well, it was 4 inch thick in places. As we walked up the stairs there was 4 lined on the top step watching us. I'd love to show you all the photos of the house because it's both interesting and sad in equal measures seeing how someone spent their final day's. Unfortunately I can't show too many pics on here of someone's private rooms and belongings, especially as they have family. But one I'll find one pic just to give you an idea. Again I would really like to show pics of the dogs working but I find it difficult to take pictures when I'm concentrating on the dogs. I'm always wary of there being rat poison in there (I believe a pest control company had put something in but no more than a couple of trays?, some use that was ) 

On my first date with the Mrs she said she was against hunting and could never kill anything (I took her beating on our 3rd date) ...today she did me proud, getting stuck in chasing rats, breaking into the car and catching one on the back seat. She's worse than the terriers and I couldn't drag her away ?

All back home, a few bites to attend to (from the same rat, not good when two dogs grab a big one so can't shake it). Disinfect the wife before she puts tea on. 

.... Ohh and the sticker in the window made me laugh....International fund for animal welfare ?

IMG_20210112_155442.jpg

IMG-20210112-WA0010.jpg

Screenshot_20210112_135541_com.huawei.himovie.overseas.jpg

IMG_20210112_125005.jpg

Edited by DIDO.1
  • Like 9
  • Sad 3

Not to much piss taking, it's someone's family and I'll pull that pic if it's not respectful. It's a human being who was obviously struggling. I thought it was an interesting view into others lives though. 

Cheers lads ?

• Like 8
2 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

Not to much piss taking, it's someone's family and I'll pull that pic if it's not respectful. It's a human being who was obviously struggling. I thought it was an interesting view into others lives though. 

Cheers lads ?

Just gets too much for some people, shame the family didn't get round to help out (if there was any)