Air Rifle options.

Hey Lads. Looking to get my first air rifle. It will be used for hunting in the field rabbits, pigeons etc. but in also want to use it in sheds for birds on timbers/ purlins. Not my first gun in my 40s just not really up to date on air guns. Would people reccomend Springer or PCP. Would I need power adjustment for shooting near shed cladding? Preferably I'd like a mutishot if possible. Don't really want to spend more than 500 -600 on the rifle before adding scope. Open to all suggestions or opinions.  Being in Ireland I presume the amount of secondhand air  rifles available would be smaller than the UK. Thanks in advance

SMK B2. Allllllll day long ?

In all seriousness, don’t get a pcp. There not the way to go for peeps that just want to shoot/and or get back into the sport. Get a manual. No concern of tanks or pumps... and you’ll be a better shot for it. 

11 hours ago, Rez said:

SMK B2. Allllllll day long ?

In all seriousness, don’t get a pcp. There not the way to go for peeps that just want to shoot/and or get back into the sport. Get a manual. No concern of tanks or pumps... and you’ll be a better shot for it. 

B2 not very good then? ?

• Like 1

One thing Felix said was that he wanted a gun with the capability to reduce power output so none of the rifles put forward with do that and to be honest if you are shooting inside buildings, a springer is too noisey. There are rifles with a power adjustment but not cheap, FX guns have this ability on most models as do some of the Brocock rifles but the company that owns them are......................let us just say, not good to deal with. I am sure there are others just can't think of them but it is worth saying that most of us would not bother turning down power levels using a standard sub 12 rifle, far more important to be certain that your ability to put the pellet where it is needed is there or leave the inside roof shots until you are really comfortable that you can do it every time.  If it was me, I would go with the list that Villaman gave you and add on to that list the Weihrauch HW110 and as I am a major fan of FX, a second hand FX Wildcat or Streamline, the latter has a power adjustment as well.

Phil

3 hours ago, philpot said:

One thing Felix said was that he wanted a gun with the capability to reduce power output so none of the rifles put forward with do that and to be honest if you are shooting inside buildings, a springer is too noisey. There are rifles with a power adjustment but not cheap, FX guns have this ability on most models as do some of the Brocock rifles but the company that owns them are......................let us just say, not good to deal with. I am sure there are others just can't think of them but it is worth saying that most of us would not bother turning down power levels using a standard sub 12 rifle, far more important to be certain that your ability to put the pellet where it is needed is there or leave the inside roof shots until you are really comfortable that you can do it every time.  If it was me, I would go with the list that Villaman gave you and add on to that list the Weihrauch HW110 and as I am a major fan of FX, a second hand FX Wildcat or Streamline, the latter has a power adjustment as well.

Phil

Thanks Philpot. A few things for me to think about there. I definitely don't want the problem of punching holes in shed sheeting. So maybe go with some of the guns mentioned and work on accuracy before hitting the sheds and tricky shots. 

22 minutes ago, philpot said:

Might be tricky to put a pellet trap in the shed roof space Tom ?

Phil

True lol I'm at work on my phone on the sly so may not of read it properly ? but the rifles i mentioned are easily adjusted. I regularly adjusted my excalibure from low power to 28 in mins with a quick re zero. 

• Like 2
10 hours ago, tomburras said:

True lol I'm at work on my phone on the sly so may not of read it properly ? but the rifles i mentioned are easily adjusted. I regularly adjusted my excalibure from low power to 28 in mins with a quick re zero. 

Hi Tom how are you mate 

Well I hope 

Right felix

Spring rifles

Gun in bag and Pellets in pocket 

And go 

Pcp rifles 

Gun in bag

Bottle in car to charge rifle 

When it runs low

Pellets in pocket 

And go