poachers pocket lurchers

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’ve had a couple from him many years ago, both real good lampers. here’s a pic of the dog 

poor c**t is now you have said it....lol

He won't tell u but it were mostly dildos 

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, grompz said:

y.eah i remember lockhart lurchers, another that used to advertise in the cmw years ago, think he used to be from hearne bay area, used to have ads for colliex greys and hand made shepherds crooks,never seen any thing he produced, reckon it would be round the late 80s

Thort it was around late 70s early 80s in the old shooting news and exchange n mart days but could be wrong long time ago now 

1 minute ago, Loton Moocher said:

Thort it was around late 70s early 80s in the old shooting news and exchange n mart days but could be wrong long time ago now 

could well be loton, your probably right mate, been in this game a long time, seen them come and go, glad theres  young men like yourself and others that take an honest view of dog work,  my self am creeping up round ould phils age group, but i still keep  lurchers and always will, god willing.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, tatsblisters said:

What part of the country was he from i know some lads had good beddy hybrids round here from a chap up Emley moor way.

Bob Auty  from Emley moor breed a nice lurcher, he pup deerhound in his . One of his dogs I put over a first cross bull greyhound 22 years back ?

E0DC1621-6A44-4954-B7A5-5CC673083314.jpeg

746AFE9F-2B0E-4C87-84B4-553C76E19D14.jpeg

Edited by Trev70
  • Like 5
2 hours ago, grompz said:

y.eah i remember lockhart lurchers, another that used to advertise in the cmw years ago, think he used to be from hearne bay area, used to have ads for colliex greys and hand made shepherds crooks,never seen any thing he produced, reckon it would be round the late 80s

Back in the seventies i advertised a litter of lurcher pups in the exchange and mart, the cmw wasn't about in those days. I got a letter from Lockhearts lurchers two days later asking me to phone him, I didn't have a phone then either. I did phone him from my mothers phone and he wanted to buy the whole litter and would pay for a hire van if i would deliver them to him. I decided to sell them to him less the pup i had picked for myself. Two days later a cheque arrived in the post for the van and pups. I hired a Datsun 120y van and myself and the mrs set off to Hearne Bay. It was an epic journey for us, no m25 then just someting called the "north circular". We got lost more times than i can remember and finished up the wrong side of London at tea time. I think we eventually got there about 10,o,clock at night. He fed and watered us and gave us directions. It was a better journey home than going.    

• Like 8
29 minutes ago, ianm said:

Back in the seventies i advertised a litter of lurcher pups in the exchange and mart, the cmw wasn't about in those days. I got a letter from Lockhearts lurchers two days later asking me to phone him, I didn't have a phone then either. I did phone him from my mothers phone and he wanted to buy the whole litter and would pay for a hire van if i would deliver them to him. I decided to sell them to him less the pup i had picked for myself. Two days later a cheque arrived in the post for the van and pups. I hired a Datsun 120y van and myself and the mrs set off to Hearne Bay. It was an epic journey for us, no m25 then just someting called the "north circular". We got lost more times than i can remember and finished up the wrong side of London at tea time. I think we eventually got there about 10,o,clock at night. He fed and watered us and gave us directions. It was a better journey home than going.    

what a great story ianm. thats how things were back in the day, you and your misses were real plucky characters to undertake such an epic journey, cant beat a bit of history like that,it was a case of needs must and the lurcher scene was in a far better state than it is today, with good honest people about, still time has to moveon, but great memories and a great adventure.atb keep safe.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, ianm said:

The things that used go on 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, TOMO said:

when i used to have a stall on the lurcher shows .. i met phill a few times ...he seemed ok ....but likes been said a few times he could tell a story or two....everytime i saw him he had a bag with photo albums in with pics of various hairy muts in ....and he would tell me tales of there prowess ....no pics of dead game , just dogs...

i have to ask tomo what were you selling on stall 

On 13/01/2021 at 12:32, grompz said:

what a great story ianm. thats how things were back in the day, you and your misses were real plucky characters to undertake such an epic journey, cant beat a bit of history like that,it was a case of needs must and the lurcher scene was in a far better state than it is today, with good honest people about, still time has to moveon, but great memories and a great adventure.atb keep safe.

Exchange n mart you old feckers ?I remember it well ?

• Like 1