Fishing boat launching

Avoid launching on shallow beaches until you know what you are doing, grease your rollers before you go, get the boat ready out of the way at the top of the slip out of the way so you dont block it for everyone, watch for proper slippy green slime or mud on a steep slip,  make sure your bung is in, all straps and ropes are off, keep your winch strap on and let the boat down on the winch if the slip is steep, keep a rope from the bow tied to your trailer or to a helper so boat does drift off, avoid low water (and on some slips high water can cause a nasty chop), try and pick a calm day, watch cross winds and think how any wind or tide will effect the boat before you shove off, go slow, dont panic, never be afraid to pull forward and reverse down again if you arent straight, and just remember everyone fucks up sometimes and had to do it for the first time and people will usually help you out if you are struggling! Sorry I couldn't be bothered with full stops....

Edited by gazjon5
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Gaz_Lurcherlad said:

I will post pics when I get to work keeping it there for now , do I need a fishing permit if it’s just for pleasure ? 

No permit for sea fishing mate, where you thinking of going ?

Edited by bell
48 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Can I be cheeky an ask how much a boat costs? Ready to roll into water an away you go? Jist one like them fireman has posted an the thread is about? Jist a ball park? ?

£3k-£3million (roughly)

• Like 1
5 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

Can I be cheeky an ask how much a boat costs? Ready to roll into water an away you go? Jist one like them fireman has posted an the thread is about? Jist a ball park? ?

The white one we have we bought in bits,the hull and trailer was around £400,engine was about a grand, controls,fish finder,radio and paint what not bits all cost us about £2000 and the boat as a whole is a £3000+ boat,the offshore rib is a £ 9,000- £10,000 boat to buy as it is...The white boat for where we go inshore bass fishing is so perfect if i won the lottery i wouldn't buy a new boat,honest truth as it's unsinkable and pretty much more stable than any other small boat in it's class, Bonwitco 400 is what it is and it's a fecking brilliant little boat, the rib is so we can feck off miles off shore and find some big fish:boogy:,,oh yeah :doh:and so our families can come enjoy the seaside as well...:laugh:

• Thanks 1
6 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

Boats are the cheap bit. Engines are an absolute fortune. Rough guide £1000 per 10hp for a new outboard. 

1 hour ago, walshie said:

Boats are the cheap bit. Engines are an absolute fortune. Rough guide £1000 per 10hp for a new outboard. 

That's why my dad has a 5hp seagull engine ?? FFS get a rough tide and you don't make any headway ??

• Haha 2
7 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

Ive spent roughly 5 k with engine, boat ,finder but I have had to buy a few other bits life jackets etc flares that are in date 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Chid said:

That's why my dad has a 5hp seagull engine ?? FFS get a rough tide and you don't make any headway ??

Met a squad of lads on a homemade raft about 4 mile from shore on lough Neagh the raft consisted of 6 40 gallon drums various scaffold planks and plywood a full 3 piece suit ghetto blaster and enough Bucky beer and bud to fcuk up a small town and all was getting pushed by a little seagull engine. Lol met the same lads a few times on that thing and it looked great crack. Lol. 

• Haha 4