Fishing boat launching

I’ve had jet skis in the past no bother launching them on the east coast , but I’d just like to know what I need to do to be ready to launch a 16ft outboard fishing boat I’ve spent plenty of hours in the sea on jet skis and kayaks and so on but never launched a boat I’m not a complete novice but just like to know if anyone on here has one I’m just wondering were I can launch on the east cost fairly easily I’ve spend our holiday money on a boat money well spent but misses doesn’t think so lol

Make sure the bung is in when you launch. Now this might seem obvious but I launched  an Shetland  Alaska 500 and thought were is all this water coming from Lol. Soon sorted but I know quite a few people have done the same. When you trailer a boat you take the bung out to drain, when you launch again trouble is bung was behind fuel tanks soon got it back in. Can laugh about it now.

Switch Satnav on and off at home it zeros itself better. 

Cheers Arry

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Each slipway has different times you can launch and land and they're different with different tides. On a Spring tide I can get out 2 hours before to 2 hours after top tide. On a neap tide, that's less than an hour either side. 

Easy enough to check the times and heights of the tides though. 

7 minutes ago, walshie said:

Each slipway has different times you can launch and land and they're different with different tides. On a Spring tide I can get out 2 hours before to 2 hours after top tide. On a neap tide, that's less than an hour either side. 

Easy enough to check the times and heights of the tides though. 

That's probably best advice you'll get, some have nasty drop offs on some slips 

1 hour ago, Gaz_Lurcherlad said:

I’ve had jet skis in the past no bother launching them on the east coast , but I’d just like to know what I need to do to be ready to launch a 16ft outboard fishing boat I’ve spent plenty of hours in the sea on jet skis and kayaks and so on but never launched a boat I’m not a complete novice but just like to know if anyone on here has one I’m just wondering were I can launch on the east cost fairly easily I’ve spend our holiday money on a boat money well spent but misses doesn’t think so lol

A good trailer is the most important thing so make sure you get a good one with boat or it's another £2k or so. After that a 4x4 depending on slipway might be an advantage might be a necessity. After that it's practice and giving everything a once over before launch and before recovery. I used to manage a 16ft boat on my own no bother.

12 minutes ago, Gaz_Lurcherlad said:

Thanks everyone its a bit of a minefield I just thought I could turn up and drop her in but it’s not as simple as that But I’ve bought it now so there’s no going back lol 

Try joining a boat club .  

That's what my dad did , could put his boat in off there slip way whenever he wanted 

15 minutes ago, Gaz_Lurcherlad said:

Thanks everyone its a bit of a minefield I just thought I could turn up and drop her in but it’s not as simple as that But I’ve bought it now so there’s no going back lol 

99.9% of public ramps want 3rd party insurance on your boat, can't remember for the life of me what i paid for mine this year but i;ll find out but it means i can launch any where in the country  as such..