As far as I’m aware you can shoot ferel pigeon, rats , rabbits, hares and squirrels. Not sure about owt else. I was out this morning at 3am walking the pup and the squirrels dreys were like huge oranges glowing in the trees but I couldn’t get any to bolt. It’s amazing how many different birds I saw, the highlight was a female spar , seen her 4 times now on the same branch every time and the pheasants ? bloody loads ?. I use a t20 red pil ( couldn’t get a white pil for love or money).

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Mr Wilkes said:

As far as I’m aware you can shoot ferel pigeon, rats , rabbits, hares and squirrels. Not sure about owt else. I was out this morning at 3am walking the pup and the squirrels dreys were like huge oranges glowing in the trees but I couldn’t get any to bolt. It’s amazing how many different birds I saw, the highlight was a female spar , seen her 4 times now on the same branch every time and the pheasants ? bloody loads ?. I use a t20 red pil ( couldn’t get a white pil for love or money).

Are you sire its squrriels and not the leaves rotting giving off heat ? Im having the same debate with myself at the minute lol

• Like 2
10 hours ago, Mr Wilkes said:

Hi yes amazing the stuff you see when your the first one up and about mate and how do you find the t20 red pil? Little hawthorn wood where I like to have a little mooch with plenty of pigeons getting there to roost would like to have a go there is the odd dray there

It’s ok but the white pil would be better. I can definitely say if it’s glowing then something is in a drey. I hunt a couple of woods and put squirrels back in a drey and they won’t shift and it’s these dreys I’ve been trying on a night So I went to a new place and 1st glowing drey produced 3 squirrels, I ended shooting one with the catty.

• Like 2

Very good mate I’m looking forward to my scout being delivered this week and iv noticed local to me there’s a few little rivers and the pheasants roost over the top of it, il after take a walk down there with they catty 

• Like 3
  • 3 months later...