How Do Dreams Do This???

So, I had this dream, this morning; I'm at some sort of small gathering, outdoors. There's some lad to my right. He indicates that the contraption before us is his cooking facility. Some sort of wire mesh ring, or something. Doesn't matter. It was a dream.

Me and this guy exchange a word or two, in reference to his 'stove'. There's also a longer, I think it was a tube of mesh? This, as it turns out, was the genius of some guy to my left. Again, I have a moment to digest this much information. Over thirty seconds of 'action' has taken place by this time.

Then, right guy ignites his stove. All well and good. Left guy sparks his up? There's an almighty whoosh of flame. A smoke alarm starts sounding. I turn to him and say; " Well, That was fukking clever! "

And my eyes pop open to realise it's the sound of my own, very real, CO2 Detector going off!

But, how the Fukk did I dream for over thirty seconds Before the dream slotted itself perfectly - and pretty logically, for a dream! - into my actual reality??? How do dreams Do this?!

• Like 2

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If your ever dreaming about going for a piss my advice is to wake up quick as it ends badly ?

I could hear rain falling ,when I woke up i was pissing on the Mrs new shoes still  in the bag ,sounded like rain on the bivvy ,very soothing till I realised what I was doing ! 

That would be the Rohypnol uncle Ernie used to slip into your bedtime coco 

Posted Images

Deja vu is the temporary misalignment of two sensory nerves that usually operate in tandem.

These nerves heard the alarm and generated the dream Because they were temporarily misaligned, you think you had the dream first.

I know I'm going to regret this explanation, but if anyone has a better one, go ahead ! ? !

Cheers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
42 minutes ago, Ken's Deputy said:

So, I had this dream, this morning; I'm at some sort of small gathering, outdoors. There's some lad to my right. He indicates that the contraption before us is his cooking facility. Some sort of wire mesh ring, or something. Doesn't matter. It was a dream.

Me and this guy exchange a word or two, in reference to his 'stove'. There's also a longer, I think it was a tube of mesh? This, as it turns out, was the genius of some guy to my left. Again, I have a moment to digest this much information. Over thirty seconds of 'action' has taken place by this time.

Then, right guy ignites his stove. All well and good. Left guy sparks his up? There's an almighty whoosh of flame. A smoke alarm starts sounding. I turn to him and say; " Well, That was fukking clever! "

And my eyes pop open to realise it's the sound of my own, very real, CO2 Detector going off!

But, how the Fukk did I dream for over thirty seconds Before the dream slotted itself perfectly - and pretty logically, for a dream! - into my actual reality??? How do dreams Do this?!

32 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Deja vu is the temporary misalignment of two sensory nerves that usually operate in tandem.

These nerves heard the alarm and generated the dream Because they were temporarily misaligned, you think you had the dream first.

I know I'm going to regret this explanation, but if anyone has a better one, go ahead ! ? !

Cheers.

Sensory overload, and psychosis,  'possibly' due to drug and/or alcohol misuse. ??

Edited by shaaark
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, Ken's Deputy said:

I have often pondered this question ,sometimes I have had quite lengthy ,complicated dreams that tie in  neatly with whatever has woken me up ....I'm gonna Google it .

Edited by Astanley
  • Like 1

My dreams are all over the place, people morph in to other people and locations are forever changing. 

I once dreamt that I won the lottery, absolutely gutted when I woke up. 

Speaking of recurring dreams, as a child I used to often dream that I was lighter than air, ever time I walked outside I couldn't keep my feet on the ground and was forever taking off like a balloon. ?

Edited by Greb147
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, Greb147 said:

My dreams are all over the place, people morph in to other people and locations are forever changing. 

Speaking of recurring dreams, as a child I used to often dream that I was lighter than air, ever time I walked outside I couldn't keep my feet on the ground and was forever taking off like balloon. ?

I used to get similar dreams like that lol. And the one where you're flying over the trees, fields etc, like an extra from 'the snowman' ??

• Like 1
1 minute ago, shaaark said:

I used to get similar dreams like that lol. And the one where you're flying over the trees, fields etc, like an extra from 'the snowman' ??

Yes mine were quite similar. I was trying my hardest to stay on the ground but I would just take off. ?

I also dreamed often that I was jumping right from the top of our stairs right to the bottom. 

One of my favourite dreams I had as child was some kind of alien dogfight going off over my grandparents back garden, lasers and explosions going off everywhere. 

Thinking back I'm guessing bonfire night set those dreams off because there was the school field behind their house so all the fireworks were visible. It's either that or from watching Star Wars at a very young age. ?

• Haha 1

Pretty odd to read this, I woke up about an hour ago after working nights. I was having some dreams about fighter jets. I am laid in the bath now and I look on plane finder app and see this!........

Screenshot_20210111-143710_Plane Finder.jpg

Must be some sort of training exercise going on, they are all eurofighter typhoons. The noise of them somehow made me dream about them!

2 hours ago, Greb147 said:

Speaking of recurring dreams, as a child I used to often dream that I was lighter than air, ever time I walked outside I couldn't keep my feet on the ground and was forever taking off like a balloon. ?

Had two recurring dreams since childhood one rolling down a hill with a pond at bottom the second I touch the water I jump up heart pounding and another were Im jumping but suddenly I jump about 300ft in the air and again jump up as I'm about to hit the floor. Horrible and it happens when I'm tired and a lot in my mind.

One I've had a few times aswell is I'm having a scrap (it's always in the park near were I grew up for some reason) and I'm winning the fight but it's like my arms are I'm treacle and my punches are in slow-mo and I start to panic as I'm running out of energy but having no effect on the opponent.

Edited by JDHUNTING