Hauntings.

On 10/01/2021 at 13:07, Greb147 said:

I worked with a few lads from Carlisle who are lodging in the Hull Charterhouse, an old monastery that was built in the 1300's and a place that was used as an hospital and a mental asylum throughout it's history. 

They are straight up lads and all 3 claim there's something going on in the building. 

The old lad says you can definitely feel a presence in there, like someone is watching you. 

The other two have claimed to have noticed even more goings on happening. 

I was pissing myself at them but both swore on their kids and grandkids life so I listened to their stories. 

One of the lads says he turned on his side when trying to get to sleep and he felt something get in bed beside him, he could feel the mattress sinking and the sheets moving. He said he was petrified and was thinking what to do, so he dove out of bed and ran straight for the light switch. He also has claimed that on a couple of occasions the room as gone that cold even with the heating on you could see the steam off his breath. 

The other bloke who is lodging on the top floor claims to hear footsteps all night running across the loft, not the usual creaking but proper footsteps. He also swears that he could hear kids in the room one night when he woke up. 

This youngish lad who I know who's not on the job now was that scared after seeing "someone" in his room he slept in the van for the last two days. 

All those staying there now all sleep with the light on and all are freaked out by it. 

I was giving them shit as you do but they have offered for me to stay to find out for myself, they say something is not right with that place. 

That’s called step up or shut up, and without reading any body else’s answers I think I know which one you will choose, now to skip to the end and see??

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My current house, 10 years plus here, had someone die in before I bought it. It didn't bother me one bit. After being here a while I kept seeing movement in my peripheral vision, and flashes of moveme

A good few years ago I was travelling from Lancashire to Cornwall where the pennine were having a series of joint meets. Anyway I must of been running late and I'd set off last minute. My plan was to

Fishing on a pit years ago all night and saw the dawn come in ,misty water ,we’ve all seen it .What caught my attention in the half light was the line of big bubbles coming my way .I wasn’t concerned

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Greyman said:

That’s called step up or shut up, and without reading any body else’s answers I think I know which one you will choose, now to skip to the end and see??

If I was on the job regularly with them I would end up staying in one of their rooms for the night for the laugh. 

If I heard or saw anything though I'd be out like a shot. ?

4 hours ago, Greb147 said:

If I was on the job regularly with them I would end up staying in one of their rooms for the night for the laugh. 

If I heard or saw anything though I'd be out like a shot. ?

I used to sleep in the graveyard at hungerFord when I was fishing on the canal behind it, great nights sleep it was dead quiet ?

2 minutes ago, Greyman said:

I used to sleep in the graveyard at hungerFord when I was fishing on the canal behind it, great nights sleep it was dead quiet ?

Shit like that wouldn't bother me, fcuk me used to go lamping on my own as a young teen. 

If I heard kids in my room in my digs when the lights are out now that's another ball game. ?

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, Balaur said:

My youngest is a bit haunting, I try not to think what goes through his head, waking up to him staring into your face from an inch away , takes the breath out of your lungs and nice healthy dose of adrenaline to start the day.

Is it night terrors he gets mate, my daughter used to come down stairs in a trance and just stand there pointing at something in the room that wasn’t there, you had to wake her up ever so gently ?

Fishing on a pit years ago all night and saw the dawn come in ,misty water ,we’ve all seen it .What caught my attention in the half light was the line of big bubbles coming my way .I wasn’t concerned just curious but the chap next swim was getting proper excited .A frogman surfaces walks into the shallows and takes off his flippers followed by another and another ,12 in all .They regroup and head off over the fields behind us without a word said .I was a bit pissed off it was my swim but never said owt .

Still don’t know who they were to this day .Not a scary tale but about the only unexplained  thing that’s happened to me .

Stayed in some right shit holes when I was on the phone towers but no ghosts ,not that I’m a believer anyway .

Some scrote shot at a window with an airgun in a “hotel “in Black wood ,South Wales but I think that had something to do with my mate kissing his missus .He got shot in the leg next day too on a dumper lol.

He could never just sit and drink a pint ?

• Haha 6
On 11/01/2021 at 22:19, DIDO.1 said:

A good few years ago I was travelling from Lancashire to Cornwall where the pennine were having a series of joint meets. Anyway I must of been running late and I'd set off last minute. My plan was to join the followers who I knew to be in and around a certain village. I thought I'd have a pint then search for some digs. 

I was driving over bodmin Moor and it was getting fairly late, there was thick fog. I looked at the time and thought fck it I'll stop in the next pub, get in for the night and see everyone at the meet next day. Passed a sign for colliford Lake and tavern so gets in there, bit of a drive from the main road but looks OK. Landlord says I'm welcome to stay but once he's rung last orders he's off home and I'm on my own till someone comes to make breakfast. So gets myself a meal and a couple of pints and turns in. Takes a pint up and plans a wank and switch off ready for hunting the next day. 

Drifts off to sleep no bother. Middle of the night I wakes up. Not gently but with a fckin bang. Fast asleep to wide awake in 0.1 seconds like some fcker has walked over my grave. Sat bolt upright and looks at clock.... 1am exactly. 

No bother I lies down and closes my eyes when the TV comes on. I thinks I've laid on the remote so starts searching for it. Sees it on the bedside table but it won't work in trying to turn the TV off so I gets up and goes to turn it off by hand by pressing the button on the TV. Switches it off and gets in bed, and it comes on again. I gets up and turns it off again. 30 seconds back in bed and it comes on....again. I gets up and walks over to the TV and pulls all the plugs outs so it goes off. Gets back in bed and the TV comes on....again....this time no picture just all white and fuzzy with a screaming loud white noise type screech. This lasts for about 3 secs....which is a long time when it's gone 1am and ITS NOT FCKIN PLUGGED IN!!!! 

The TV goes off and all goes quiet. So I pulls the blankets over my head and contemplates my next move. Just then, I'm being completely honest, I have no need to make this shit up, someone run across the room and booted the radiator at the side of my bed. I sprung out the bed and ran to the lights with my fists up in a fighting position but obviously these nobody there. Again I thought through my next move. I've had a few beers (but nowhere near pissed) so can't drive onto bodmin Moor at 1.30am or I'd be pulled up straight away. I considered sleeping in the car but this place is out in the middle of nowhere with trees all round so it looks even worse out there. 

I spent every minute until dawn wide awake, sat in a chair. As soon as it came light my bravery returned so I got a couple hours kip. Don't think I stopped for breakfast as it was early autumn hunting if I remember right. I remember the huntsman asking me what my digs were like as we walked out next morning. "yeah they were OK" I said. 

I've only ever told a handful of people, normally when we were pissed and we were yarning late into the night. its pointless really telling someone a tale that you can't prove. 

I'd of been straight out of there f**k that 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I believe that your subconscious mind is good at picking up things that you may not perceive at the time then, that old part of your brain will kick in to deter you.

............ the kind of automatic self preservation that still makes some folk apprehensive of the dark and makes our eyes play tricks on us - left over from a time when it would stop our ancestors from walking into a dark cave and getting eaten by whatever was in there. 

I know it doesn't explain some peoples experiences but, fascinating none the less.

• Like 2