Hauntings.

I worked with a few lads from Carlisle who are lodging in the Hull Charterhouse, an old monastery that was built in the 1300's and a place that was used as an hospital and a mental asylum throughout it's history. 

They are straight up lads and all 3 claim there's something going on in the building. 

The old lad says you can definitely feel a presence in there, like someone is watching you. 

The other two have claimed to have noticed even more goings on happening. 

I was pissing myself at them but both swore on their kids and grandkids life so I listened to their stories. 

One of the lads says he turned on his side when trying to get to sleep and he felt something get in bed beside him, he could feel the mattress sinking and the sheets moving. He said he was petrified and was thinking what to do, so he dove out of bed and ran straight for the light switch. He also has claimed that on a couple of occasions the room as gone that cold even with the heating on you could see the steam off his breath. 

The other bloke who is lodging on the top floor claims to hear footsteps all night running across the loft, not the usual creaking but proper footsteps. He also swears that he could hear kids in the room one night when he woke up. 

This youngish lad who I know who's not on the job now was that scared after seeing "someone" in his room he slept in the van for the last two days. 

All those staying there now all sleep with the light on and all are freaked out by it. 

I was giving them shit as you do but they have offered for me to stay to find out for myself, they say something is not right with that place. 

Edited by Greb147
  • Haha 2

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My current house, 10 years plus here, had someone die in before I bought it. It didn't bother me one bit. After being here a while I kept seeing movement in my peripheral vision, and flashes of moveme

A good few years ago I was travelling from Lancashire to Cornwall where the pennine were having a series of joint meets. Anyway I must of been running late and I'd set off last minute. My plan was to

Fishing on a pit years ago all night and saw the dawn come in ,misty water ,we’ve all seen it .What caught my attention in the half light was the line of big bubbles coming my way .I wasn’t concerned

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, steve66 said:

Are you going to go ? sounds interesting though i cant say ive ever experienced anything like it myself 

We got finished early at around 3am this morning so the lads from Carlisle decided to drive home instead of going back to the digs. 

One of the lads wanted to stay in the digs instead of the 3 hour drive home but said he ain't staying there on his own. ?

He offered me the keys to his room, I'm only 45 mins from home tbh. 

I don't believe in any of that but they are straight enough lads and they said they didn't believe in any of that before. 

I'm not saying they are 100% correct but I believe what they are telling me. 

Edited by Greb147
  • Like 3

Theres a place near me that has foundations going back to the first crusades, when it was a hospital for the wounded returning from Jerusalem/holy land. It's now a library and has a decent garden going around it, which offered a great place for young dickhead to runaround in and not do one. One night I was walking around there and I felt like I was being watched and I do mean full hair on end, spider senses tingling like crazy. I go into the park next door now and never go in that garden at night ? Something really creepy about the place. Anyway... since then, I've spoke with a few of the oldies around my area and everyone of them said it's rumoured to be haunted.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Balaur said:

I think you either believe or you don't, nothing you've said is going to convince me that ghosts and Ghouls exist but each to their own. 

Nothing sounds convincing unless you were there. 

They offered me a key to find out myself, I don't fancy finding out for myself. ?

Maybe it's a case of their mind running away with them and thinking things that ain't there but they were being straight up about it. 

3 minutes ago, mushroom said:

Theres a place near me that has foundations going back to the first crusades, when it was a hospital for the wounded returning from Jerusalem/holy land. It's now a library and has a decent garden going around it, which offered a great place for young dickhead to runaround in and not do one. One night I was walking around there and I felt like I was being watched and I do mean full hair on end, spider senses tingling like crazy. I go into the park next door now and never go in that garden at night ? Something really creepy about the place. Anyway... since then, I've spoke with a few of the oldies around my area and everyone of them said it's rumoured to be haunted.

I had a similar tale to these lads in Carlisle. 

A couple of year ago I was staying in the Sun Inn Hotel in Hitchin that is supposedly haunted. 

A few of the lads claimed to have had a few goings on happen to them but I never saw or heard anything. 

I must say though after reading up on the hotel and such your senses heighten and you almost feel something in anticipation. 

Maybe it's just a case of fear being a living entity. ?

15 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

I had a similar tale to these lads in Carlisle. 

A couple of year ago I was staying in the Sun Inn Hotel in Hitchin that is supposedly haunted. 

A few of the lads claimed to have had a few goings on happen to them but I never saw or heard anything. 

I must say though after reading up on the hotel and such your senses heighten and you almost feel something in anticipation. 

Maybe it's just a case of fear being a living entity. ?

I do think it's a case of overactive imagination.

I've only ever seen one thing that really cannot be explained and that was a blueish orb and was backed up, coz the dog saw it too ?

• Like 1