1 minute ago, mushroom said:

We used to walk home from school on the frozen canal in Burnley lol

Christ the shit we got up to as kids, on frozen lakes/ponds, canals etc ?‍♂️

Yeh we had frozen ponds local in winter....and i know when my dad was young he remembers the speed skating they had out on the drains in the fens....

it was more a large body of water like a proper lake/loch ....freezing right over......i suppose i have got used to these milder winters as ive got older

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bloody cold down the allotments today; Even switched the heating on in the kennels, must be getting soft in my old age ! Cheers.  

ah up....i bee crying if i didnt get more than 500 mile from a tank.....lol no back seats....tyres pumped up hard....i can get over 600 in my berlingo....

Was going to start emptying a raised bed today start making room for the new bird shed. Fck it off, walked the dogs and lit the fire

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Ted Newgent said:

currently here -6 but like you the damn wind making -20c

i have never taken the dogs for a walk in january here,never

but they have been out everyday

loving this 'warm' weather

We're only slightly milder than normal but the nights do tend to cool off significantly. We don't get as cold as you but I get out in it as much as I can. The summers here can be brutal and it's usually then that the time outside is limited because we can't carry enough water for all of us.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, TOMO said:

Yeh we had frozen ponds local in winter....and i know when my dad was young he remembers the speed skating they had out on the drains in the fens....

it was more a large body of water like a proper lake/loch ....freezing right over......i suppose i have got used to these milder winters as ive got older

The local lake was/is probs about 2-3 acres, so not very big. A mate and me took my middle brother out on it one year, when we were 9ish. He was in the pram ffs, two years old?‍♂️ We both got a pasting for that one. Ah the 80's ?

• Haha 1

It's minus 6 here just now but they reckon it could drop to minus 16 , I think its just with it being like that for the last 2 weeks it feels like its getting into the bones LOL 

2 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

Are them newer transits okay on diesel?  Don’t think I ever had a motor that done half that off a tank ?

ah up....i bee crying if i didnt get more than 500 mile from a tank.....lol

no back seats....tyres pumped up hard....i can get over 600 in my berlingo....

• Haha 4

When we were kids a mate and I were out on a pond skid sliding about.   Suddenly there was a moaning crack.!!!  We were off that ice quick and lively.  It was like the pond had a horror monster in it.  Stupidly  I  got on the edge and it cracked and I  went through up to my waist. !!!  My wellies were full of freezing water. That was a lucky escape and I  never went on ice ever again. I can't remember feeling the cold much then considering we were in short trousers I  must have been blue.

just to balance out my motor running on fumes for f**k all ££......my mrs bought a volvo xc90 automatic in the summer....fecking petrol version.....:cry:....does about 20 to the gallon...beautiful to drive....but costs a b*****d fortune