Is this sour grapes ?

My shooting season is over . The new lockdown rules mean that organised game shooting is not going to happen this season. I should have been out this morning for a shoot day today , but instead I’m sat on the settee watching the television. police are issuing fixed penalties for people driving to beauty spots for a walk . And there on the news are rugby players and footballers hugging and kissing each other , dancing around the changing room , and all the staff on the touch line hugging . Surely we are all subject to the same rules ? Is football and rugby that important that they are exempt from the same rules as everyone else ? 

• Like 6

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My shooting season is over . The new lockdown rules mean that organised game shooting is not going to happen this season. I should have been out this morning for a shoot day today , but instead I’m sa

i hope those two women yesterday fight there case.....what a piss take that was

i know mate ...its a compleat piss take...

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, shovel leaner said:

My shooting season is over . The new lockdown rules mean that organised game shooting is not going to happen this season. I should have been out this morning for a shoot day today , but instead I’m sat on the settee watching the television. police are issuing fixed penalties for people driving to beauty spots for a walk . And there on the news are rugby players and footballers hugging and kissing each other , dancing around the changing room , and all the staff on the touch line hugging . Surely we are all subject to the same rules ? Is football and rugby that important that they are exempt from the same rules as everyone else ? 

i know mate ...its a compleat piss take...

• Like 6

I agree they’re performing unnecessary levels of contact but I suppose the Gov decision was that an organised sporting event brings much needed enjoyment to tens of thousands. A days shooting brings enjoyment to a few dozen.

PS I heard on the grapevine that a large local estate are carrying on with their legal team primed....

3 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

I agree they’re performing unnecessary levels of contact but I suppose the Gov decision was that an organised sporting event brings much needed enjoyment to tens of thousands. A days shooting brings enjoyment to a few dozen.

PS I heard on the grapevine that a large local estate are carrying on with their legal team primed....

I get that sport brings much needed enjoyment to many . 
        I haven’t heard of any commercial shoots near me carrying on , most are catching up and pulling necks now .

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

I was just talking about this yesterday, you can go fishing but can't play golf.

You can play football in a stadium, but not in a park.

Many more anomalies that just don't make sense.

Cheers.

yes it boils my piss.....my kids in a local football team ....all stoped....

gyms closed....fucks sake ....everybody in the gym was keeping apart and wiping down constantly..

At the end of the day we are in lockdown to bring numbers down,if people can't see everyone being treated the same it's not going to be long until no one respect's the lockdown.gamekeepers being made redundant and shoots closing when they were run at very low risk and having to watch footballers mauling each other like there's no pandemic must be sickening.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The rules arent clear enough and I think that's been done on purpose for example what's classed as not local 5 miles 10 miles I know a couple of small shoots that are really struggling and some  keepers may or have lost there jobs with no revue coming in but they still have over heads to pay 

Edited by Blackmag
2 minutes ago, TOMO said:

i hope those two women yesterday fight there case.....what a piss take that was

I know 5 miles in separate cars and since when as a brew been classed as a picnic and some taping park benches up what's that all about I did read tomo different forces are interpreting the rules different to each other so there's no clear directive on what's allowed and what's not 

I don't really want to single out footballers, as I'm sure we have all flouted the rules in some way, even inadvertently;

but these Premier footballers are really taking the piss. It looks like they are saying " we're rich and famous, so the rules don't count" !

Id tell the clubs that if their players blatantly flout the rules, they will be banned for the rest of the season. no exceptions..

Same when they park on yellow lines or in invalid spaces. The fines mean absolutely nothing to them. Take their cars and auction them for charity!

Of course it's not just footballers, but they are the supposed "role models".

Cheers.

Edited by chartpolski
  • Like 2

Get this then lads .I was out last night doing essential pest control .Pulled into my regular garage where there was a cop car filling up too .4 coppers in the garage by the coffee machine ,none wearing masks ? 
I had a mask on and one asked where I was going .
Being the cheeky fecker I am I asked where their masks were to which they all scrabbled a mask on .I explained and that was that but looking back as I drove away all their masks were off again .

I should of took a pic but the lure of the rat shoot was greater than that .I carry the relevant paperwork but wasn’t asked for it .

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

It’s the mixed messages from the media that I find bewildering. On the one hand they show a woman in a hospital bed saying how serious it is , people dying in beds around her , then they hand over to the sport and it shows all the footballers not even attempting any form of social distancing. 

• Like 1