Old photos

Going through my old phone and saving any old pictures that I want to keep.

OK it might be a boring post but I just thought some of you might find a couple of them vaguely interesting before they are deleted and lost forever, or saved, forgotten about, and lost for ever. 

A white stoat. Quite rare in our area. Aged 17 I built a stone tunnel trap while working as a trainee grouse moor keeper. Caught my first stoat in it. Nearly 20 years later I returned to the area running a small pheasant shoot. Caught this stoat in the same tunnel. Stoats in general are rare round here, especially on the Moor as there's no rabbits. 

Sold it to a taxidermist on here. He offered me the finished article back for next to no money. Given what he had paid for it it was almost free! Gutted I was skint at that point and didn't buy it. One of my only regrets 

Screenshot_20210108_213307.jpg

Edited by DIDO.1
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Mole catching days. Having worked for years on farms and in countrysports I was suddenly earning my own money. I charged £5 a mole and everyone said I couldn't make it pay. I was putting between 20-40 moles a day on the fence and when you have earned £100 a week in kennels it was good money. 

IMG_20210108_213627.jpg

• Like 1

Don't think I actually took it. I remember the day though, during boring periods the mounted field bet me to jump wider and wider ditches while wearing my big fell boots. Reckon if I'd of gone in I'd of sunk straight to the bottom in my hobnailed boots ?