• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ask for the pills Hannibal used to give to Mr T before flying 

Ideally you need more cardio exercise, I'd suggest a bit of pad work...

or of course knock one out before you go to sleep

I work nights and have a busy road outside my bedroom window, I have a banana (Google it) a couple of hours before I'm due to go to bed and a mug of green tea when I get in, straight to bed then and I have no problem sleeping for at least 6 hours.

Cheers, D.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Greb147 said:

I've also heard tramadol does the same

You having a laugh? Lol

Tramadol's give you the craziest lucid dreams if you actually manage to get to sleep on them ,if anything they have a  amphetamine type effect on me. 

3 hours ago, Greb147 said:

I've never been a great sleeper at all even when I work days but nights just fcuks me up. 

I can feel negative effects within the week, bad guts, raised heart rate, etc... 

I do think it's a mindset thing, I'm stressing about having no sleep and it turns in to a vicious circle. 

Thought about changing your mattress? 

I feel your pain, I do 12 hour shifts. For the last year  its been 1 week days (5 shifts) 1 week nights (4 shifts sun- wed sometimes thurs night too) rotating. its hard to get to sleep no matter what shift. I find a cup of tea on a morning after nights helpful and watch a fishing program on my phone in bed helps me relax and think about future  fishing trips helps me nod off. No drinking after midnight during my shift. If I wake up for a wee thats it I'm up then the tiredness cycle begins, then the mouth ulcers start... then you are buggered. 

• Like 2
24 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Thought about changing your mattress? 

Not that pal, I do get in the spare room when I'm on nights but same when I'm in my own bed. 

It's just psychological pal for whatever reason. 

At the end of the day working nights is bad for you and not natural. 

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

Not that pal, I do get in the spare room when I'm on nights but same when I'm in my own bed. 

I got a black out blind and an eye mask have you tried that? I know what you mean its not natural, on a Monday morning after my 1st night shift my heart beats for some reason at a crazy speed when I get in bed. I still get up early morning on Sunday after a week of days so my body is not ready for been awake 24 hours +

• Like 1

@Greb147

Go back to dytkos post mate. Foods with good levels of potassium and magnesium in, along with a host of other excellent vitamins and minerals to help you sleep. 

Bananas

Walnuts 

Almonds

Pumkin seeds

Honey

Several other sources of it, but they should all help you sleep better.

Assuming that is, that there are no other underlying health problems.

You might  want to seek a doctor's advice about anxiety and/or depression. Not saying you've got either, but you really would be surprised at the amount of people that do actually have it, without even realising it. And any of those conditions WILL drastically affect your sleep patterns.

Now, go get some NUTS, GRRRR!!! ??

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Greb147 said:

very bad for you nights...shorter life span doing nights....so get your affairs in order..lol

check out the Circadian rhythm .... 

Been on nights a few years now..only had 2 3 hours sleep a night...for most my life tbh..

Recently went to the doctors for other shit but he gave me mirtaxepan..probly spelt wrong but wow..I get back from work.drop a tab am asleep till 7 at night.a full undestured soled 8 hours..amazing things...best thing I have ever took...now just to fit in time for eating lol

• Like 1