Dogs tying and not tying

I’ve always had dogs tie over the years while breeding I put a greyhound over my presa bitch for own use cut a long story short twice the dog put stuff in but didn’t tie on different days had her scanned a week ago 3 to 4 pups when a dog ties and don’t tie do it make a difference on how many pups there are

Edited by Gavo

Bred a bitch twice tied for first litter had her scanned was told 4 pups 8 were born the scanning can’t pick up accurate numbers it just tells you if there in pup or not they try doing a count up of heart beats but it’s not a accurate number in side of em.second litter same dog an bitch no tie 10 pups 

Age of said dogs has a bearing... Older they get the less the swimmers?

I wouldn't take a litter from a bitch any older than 8...only ever had problems in the past. 

My mate bred some presa x greyhounds 10 yrs back maybe... Put them back to a bull... Impressive looking animals, couldn't run for shit, but bust stuff up double quick??

Lol that’s 100 percent right not gunna be able to run to heavy bred for other stuff and the dog was 18 months and bitch 19 months she’s having them now so see how many it is scan sed about 3 to 4 pups