Collie lurcher stud

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good shout there Joe. They can’t all be bad. I’ve seen a few decent ones. Maybe it’s more to the fact that Some people don’t suit the breed rather than them all being useless! 

im the same as some of the other chaps.....collie is ok in small doses ....mixed with other stuff....whippet grey sal bull bedy ....take ya pic and if the collie levels out at 1/4 or less you should h

Katch.... I would never risk it mate 

Just now, Black neck said:

Pint o merlot my good man gerrit down ya ?

Merlot?! No way, reminds me too much of COLLIES!! ? ?

I find a nice shiraz gets to the point a little quicker and more direct, somewhat like a WHIPPET! Lol ?

• Haha 1

What collie traits bother you lot ? I know they can be jealous and sensitive, but I’ve never really had that problem personally, scared of loud bangs yes.

I wouldn’t personally have another border collie half cross. Not due to any quirks of their personality just the fact Ive found border collies to vary so much in their enthusiasm to seek game out in places where it’s a bit thin on the ground. I’ve had a couple of keen hunters and a couple who didn’t really hunt that instinctively....which drove me mad.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Shortstraw said:

What collie traits bother you lot ? I know they can be jealous and sensitive, but I’ve never really had that problem personally, scared of loud bangs yes.

I wouldn’t personally have another border collie half cross. Not due to any quirks of their personality just the fact Ive found border collies to vary so much in their enthusiasm to seek game out in places where it’s a bit thin on the ground. I’ve had a couple of keen hunters and a couple who didn’t really hunt that instinctively....which drove me mad.

? ............. :no:

51 minutes ago, Shortstraw said:

Think it's mainly the fact they chase car tires 

• Haha 1
34 minutes ago, Balaur said:

I'll never own a collie blooded lurcher again, based on owning one dog. Don't suit me or I them, I like a simple terrier/bull x and it suits me....but as said each to their own, I'm sure loads of decent ones with decent owners.

Good shout there Joe. They can’t all be bad. I’ve seen a few decent ones. Maybe it’s more to the fact that Some people don’t suit the breed rather than them all being useless! 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Shortstraw said:

Sorry,,,,,genuinely lost? Is it a touchy subject to some?

Each to their own in my eyes........

Lol nothing personal at all mate, just me being a bit of a nerk on here, a few nights ago! Lol ?

• Like 1

Its a bit like a 1st x bull x.

Bull x grey hound. . . . . most greyhounds are fast, but a lot of bulls are shit.

Collie x grey . . . . . most greys are fast, but f**k me most collies are mental weirdo c**ts who have no place in the hunting world.

Get the right one and the x would be mustard. And I suppose years ago maybe a lot more collies were the 'right' type.

Ive caught most stuff by accident with the collies, and watching them and how they react, you can see which ones suit breeding a runner, and most dont. Sure they kill stuff, but so would most dogs if in their favour. 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

Its a bit like a 1st x bull x.

Bull x grey hound. . . . . most greyhounds are fast, but a lot of bulls are shit.

Collie x grey . . . . . most greys are fast, but f**k me most collies are mental weirdo c**ts who have no place in the hunting world.

Get the right one and the x would be mustard. And I suppose years ago maybe a lot more collies were the 'right' type.

Ive caught most stuff by accident with the collies, and watching them and how they react, you can see which ones suit breeding a runner, and most dont. Sure they kill stuff, but so would most dogs if in their favour. 

I like that appraisal lol ?