1 minute ago, Balaur said:

Are they fusing vertebrae? I was in hospital years back and guy opposite was fireman had fused vertebrae out the day after, incredible really....

Not sure mate tbh. Whatever they do, I'm praying it works. Left leg has atrophied 25%, when it really kicks off, I can barely breathe ffs, let alone stand. Wouldn't wish sciatica on no one ;)

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Theres also medical proof that long term use of ibuprofen and quite a few different anti inflammatories is really bad for you.Really bad for your stomoch and digestive system.

Tried acupuncture, tiger balm, hot baths, heat pads, freeze sprays, tramadol, diazapam, deep medical  massages , had 6 months of physio after my accident.... Acupuncture worked for a few months, trama

Cheers buddy I went to a chiropractor this after noon only to be bent and twisted in positions I wish I would of done 20 years ago  ?I could hear and feel things grinding and cracking she said I will

Posted Images

Just now, Balaur said:

Nah not good, I've only experienced temporary injury, probably three times once from mixing concrete solo for two days solid , humping steel beams, and prolonged overhead working which resulted in 3 seized vertebrae top of spine, osteopath cracked them all free was heaven, my grandfather was a little taller at 6'5" and always telling me I'd suffer back problems but he used to jump 100w sacks of coal up staircases, touch wood I've always had a strong back but 5x5 training done for me with squats and deadlifts years ago, I know several folks with severe back injury from road running, enough to tell me it's not a good exercise. These days I stick to walking, work clever and use lifting equipment and more hands where in my twenties I took pride in heavy lifting I certainly won't risk myself for a job these days, they won't support my family if I'm off work with injury. Anyways hope you guys get sorted must be worrying and debilitating, atb 

I got this sat at my desk mate. Reached for a cup of tea and coughed at the same time. Blew three discs and never been right since. I still overdo it when in the mountains/beach etc carrying shi. The Mrs and eldest go tits up at me but fuuck it! I'll not be beaten and I don't see them volunteering to carry the bags lol

Not many things can put me out but this when it is, is bad man!

I've had another trammie today and a dramm ?

2 minutes ago, Balaur said:

Yep I've heard of people turning door knob or sneezing, I noticed washing dishes does my back lol, but anything I've got on is weight related, might get myself a dram for it later, bored witless here....

I'm just about to go shopping ?‍♂️?‍♂️?

Just standing at the moment hurts but floating around a supermarket fully bollocksed seems very enticing right now ?

Fuuck it! You've gotta laugh ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Tramadol seriously  fu...d me up ,took 4 off my mate when my back went,(never took it before) when me back f....d up,had a bit of grub and 2 beers ,coming home put a very,very expensive car into 3 large rocks and a oak post on the ice.cannot even recall it 5 mins after crash. Anyway cost me almost a yrs wages to repair it.be carefully with the tramadol.

28 minutes ago, Qbgrey said:

Tramadol seriously  fu...d me up ,took 4 off my mate when my back went,(never took it before) when me back f....d up,had a bit of grub and 2 beers ,coming home put a very,very expensive car into 3 large rocks and a oak post on the ice.cannot even recall it 5 mins after crash. Anyway cost me almost a yrs wages to repair it.be carefully with the tramadol.

I very rarely take them, maybe twice a year at most and only for two days at a time, when my back is at its worst. Deadly as hell to drive on them mate. I wouldn't even entertain the idea.

Dr wanted to give me dyhydrocodimol or something, basically it would end me doing owt. No thanks.

• Like 1

Most back issues come from years of incorrect sitting(slouching) or lifting /moving with poor posture

its a long road to repair but it’s possible

find a good physio

do the exercises they give you diligently and never stop doing them

i couldn’t feel my legs after the worst back issue I had

crawling on the floor literally

i now stretch and move daily and can deadlift and squat like a good un 

In fact deadlifts are great for  strengthening the back bit walk before you can run

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, tilimangro said:

Most back issues come from years of incorrect sitting(slouching) or lifting /moving with poor posture

find a good physio

In fact deadlifts are great for  strengthening the back bit walk before you can run

I find glute exercises can help..... for me deadlifts not so...inclined to strain lower back....Power Clean, squats and Hang clean...

but everything else spot on and I think a lot of issue’s ain’t helped by muscular Imbalances in the lower back, top of leg area...

6 hours ago, tilimangro said:

find a good physio

I think that's it. 

You need to do those exercises diligently instead of only doing them when the pain flares up like I do. 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

I think that's it. 

You need to do those exercises diligently instead of only doing them when the pain flares up like I do. 

I've not been able to do the exercises they gave me for the entire time I've had sciatica ?

Today is day one of no Tramadol. Getting out of bed this morning was like climbing up on a fat bird.... difficult at first but worth it in the end ;)

Edited by mushroom
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, mushroom said:

I've not been able to do the exercises they gave me for the entire time I've had sciatica ?

Today is day one of no Tramadol. Getting out of bed this morning was like climbing up on a fat bird.... difficult at first but worth it in the end ;)

I don't think I've an episode as severe and painful as the first time it went on me. 

It literally felt like a bolt of lightning went through my lower back, in to my arse and down my legs. ?

Touch wood, hopefully I've started getting on top of it now after seeing the physio but like I said I should be doing those stretches and other core exercises all the time but I don't so my fault really. 

Just now, Greb147 said:

I don't think I've an episode as severe and painful as the first time it went on me. 

It literally felt like a bolt of lightning went through my lower back, in to my arse and down my legs. ?

Touch wood, hopefully I've started getting on top of it now after seeing the physio but like I said I should be doing those stretches and other core exercises all the time but I don't so my fault really. 

I just want the damn surgeon appointment, find out what the cnut wants to do, sign the papers and wake up without feeling like my toes and my spine are interconnected through a junction box of pain. I've broke legs, bones, my mum's vase etc.... none of those things hurt anywhere near sciatica pain.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, mushroom said:

I just want the damn surgeon appointment, find out what the cnut wants to do, sign the papers and wake up without feeling like my toes and my spine are interconnected through a junction box of pain. I've broke legs, bones, my mum's vase etc.... none of those things hurt anywhere near sciatica pain.

I've never got that diagnosis tbh, chiropractors and physios can't really tell you for certain what's wrong. 

I'm guessing mine is muscular because it eventually subsides when I suffer from a flare up. 

It's just funny how after over a decade of proper graft I never suffered with my back and then just on this particular day it went and has never been the same since.