Just now, Dervburner said:

Top man SL, always useful to fellow shooters to get a genuine review on ammo etc. I hope they’re good as well, or you’ll be doing a bit more plinking than you might have hoped. That said, if they’re made by rws I think they should be at least reasonable. ?

If they have the Norma name they will probably be made to their spec with their components under their production controls . I expect them to be good quality, well I hope so . 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shovel leaner said:

I’ve gone balls deep and bought a 1000 , I bloody hope they are alright ?I will do a review when I’ve given them an outing , on paper and at vermin .

My old mate. A retired gamekeeper as it happens and an excellent one at that always said, "never get in anything deeper than yer arse 'ole Bernard".

So you should be safe at "balls deep"! ?

• Haha 2

My mate dropped my Norma 22LR subsonic said off this morning. I quickly took them to where I do my zeroing and set up a cardboard box at about 25 meters. The first two shots were low and to the left , a slight adjustment saw them centre and high . Down a bit and bang on . A couple more shots were literally cloverleafing . I will save trying them at range for another day , as I’ve got a job for these bullets . Because of the lockdown we have made a decision to shoot as many cocks as we can . I’m not going to do any catching up . Instead I am going to process the head shot cocks and find homes for the meat . I noticed that the bullets cycled really easily in my Tikka , they were quiet too . I head shot ten cocks as I drove around and it became apparent that my rifle likes these subs . After the  first day of testing I’m happy . I couldn’t ask any more of them so far . I will stretch the range out and see how they shoot at the limit and see how much they drop . 

A707B903-700E-4B8F-957D-6DE2C8522614.jpeg

• Like 5
18 minutes ago, shovel leaner said:

My mate dropped my Norma 22LR subsonic said off this morning. I quickly took them to where I do my zeroing and set up a cardboard box at about 25 meters. The first two shots were low and to the left , a slight adjustment saw them centre and high . Down a bit and bang on . A couple more shots were literally cloverleafing . I will save trying them at range for another day , as I’ve got a job for these bullets . Because of the lockdown we have made a decision to shoot as many cocks as we can . I’m not going to do any catching up . Instead I am going to process the head shot cocks and find homes for the meat . I noticed that the bullets cycled really easily in my Tikka , they were quiet too . I head shot ten cocks as I drove around and it became apparent that my rifle likes these subs . After the  first day of testing I’m happy . I couldn’t ask any more of them so far . I will stretch the range out and see how they shoot at the limit and see how much they drop . 

Im glad about this. It must of been my rifle at the time. Autos can be fussy with subs as we know. 

As for cocks.....well I'll save it, you aint got enough ammo mate!

Edited by Sausagedog
  • Like 1

I am sure they will be fine at range as well

These are my favourite ammo for my .22lr and 17 HMR . Glad you have tried them , as I have been banging on about them , on a few different posts in the past 6 month or so 

• Thanks 1
56 minutes ago, shovel leaner said:

If they’re what I think they are (rws subs) they will drop more than most subs as they usually run at just over 900fps , very quiet. Struggle to, or won’t cycle semi autos though. It will be interesting to read your findings on them SL. Hopefully it will be positive and I’ll try some next time if they have them in stock ?

57 minutes ago, Sausagedog said:

Im glad about this. It must of been my rifle at the time. Autos can be fussy with subs as we know. 

As for cocks.....well I'll save it, you aint got enough ammo mate!

I reckon I can make a real dent in the cock birds with the 22 . Shooting them is going to be the easy bit . Processing them is going to be a chore .

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, villaman said:

I am sure they will be fine at range as well

These are my favourite ammo for my .22lr and 17 HMR . Glad you have tried them , as I have been banging on about them , on a few different posts in the past 6 month or so 

Do they do a 20gn hmr loading?

Got a free box of 40g winnie subs from a retired man that retired. When my landowner is clear of covid I'm hoping to see if they are better than the 42g that replaced them.

Norma are only sold by 1 of the 4 local gunshops and they've sold out due to ? 

My favourite is the cci segs tbh but on lamped to death land subs are a necessary to stop everything running off .

• Like 1