A new starter

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Back at her day job this morning ? 

Most half decent dogs will catch rabbits.  

if i had a small child in the house i would be very reluctant to get a rescue dog  ,,regardless of the breed  

Posted Images

2 hours ago, SheepChaser said:

Back at her day job this morning ? 

391492CD-E611-41C4-95DE-50B648EA5D29.jpeg

Are those novelty lamb slippers to keep her feet warm in the pick-up???

She really reminds me of a tiny collie that an ex-girlfriend's brother in law had about thirty years ago in Cumbria. She looked more like a collie x whippet and would follow him around the farmyard waiting for him to open up the chicken coop, then she'd sneak in behind him and pinch an egg.

Edited by Neal
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
8 hours ago, riohog said:

if i had a small child in the house i would be very reluctant to get a rescue dog  ,,regardless of the breed  

good point that, does the lad kennel his spaniels ? , if so put the lurcher out there in  a kennel/ run . do all rescue centers  think that all dogs have to live inside ? if so why , a dog is a animal not a human, and so should be treated as such .! people in houses dogs in kennels.

• Like 2

Thought id found a litter id take a chance on, when I asked what Cross the puppies were the breeder told me "they are just lurchers". Now again could be me thinking into this too much but surely the breeder should be knowing what cross their puppies are made up of?! I politely declined to ask any more questions and left it at that. 

12 minutes ago, Balaur said:

Plenty of lads don't like labelling or giving breeds in mix, better to ask what height are sire and dam, what were they bred for , what sort of base blood they think they might have etc, worker to worker , bitza dogs are worth a shout imho if they're doing what you want....

Funnily enough mt next question was to ask about size of dam and sire, im trying to avoid a lurcher with lots of bull in the mix thats why I was asking. Will definitely bare this in mind for future though, thanks! 

2 hours ago, scottpenn28 said:

Funnily enough mt next question was to ask about size of dam and sire, im trying to avoid a lurcher with lots of bull in the mix thats why I was asking. Will definitely bare this in mind for future though, thanks! 

Don't disregard a dog  because it has bull in it.... A drop of the right stuff goes along way?

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Don't disregard a dog  because it has bull in it.... A drop of the right stuff goes along way?

deff, 1/4 of good  bulldog , to 3/4 grey or 3/4 lurcher , you get very good working dog.:thumbs:

9 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

My concern with too much bull in the mix would be it smashing the rabbits up? Could be very wrong as like mentioned never had any experience with bull crosses, although seem to be in almost every lurcher i see now so I guess must be some logic to it 

7 minutes ago, scottpenn28 said:

Would anymore than 1/4 bull be too much just for tackling rabbits? 

mate i   hsd 1/4 pit 3 /4 grey , 26in 70 odd lb , well fast for rabbits,  and took foxes with him as well, ive had 3/8 pits 5/8 greys as well , all good dogs , but i think the 1/4 pit , was poss the best rabbit dog. But you can get 2nd gem bred 1xs as well , nice  racey bitch say 24in  65lb , they not all big heavy types , but as said 1/4 pit enough for any lurcher to catch rabbits.  my dog from the 80s              

bruce  99.JPG

• Like 3
18 minutes ago, scottpenn28 said:

My concern with too much bull in the mix would be it smashing the rabbits up? Could be very wrong as like mentioned never had any experience with bull crosses, although seem to be in almost every lurcher i see now so I guess must be some logic to it 

Lol, they are no different to any other x, they are smart enough to know and be trained when to use that jaw power?

• Like 1