Thermal Monocular

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nay nay nay Mr Wilkes its clearly a parrot ?

I bought one about 4 months ago and as much as seeing what is around for hunting it’s just nice to watch nature doing what it does after dark. watching barn owls, foxes hunting recently noticed the ra

I personally haven’t but I imagine that it would be great for day time hare spotting when they are tight in there seat??  I wouldn’t recommend buying a cheap one though, a mate bought a ‘cheap’ £400

Posted Images

iv been just looking at some today for my self ? think its the way forward alot of lads using them saves alot of time walking on land and getting more runs using one . A mate of mine got one this season Iv tried it one day takes abit getting used too but we could find runs where you would have missed walking. I was speaking to a lad today about the pulsar range hes tried the xm30 xm30s and xq38 and said the xm30 would be good enough and affordable for or job . 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, brambles said:

Any of you lads use one? If so what sort of money would you need to spend to get one that does a reasonable job. I see them from £180-£3000, any help is appreciated 

Xq38 a good option mate that’s what I use. See field after field. Can’t comment on the 30 as haven’t looked through one but I did look through one what was about a grand before and it wasn’t much cop but depends what you need I suppose. All I’d say is don’t look through a more expensive one if your going to buy cheaper. See if you could get a mooch through one and go from there

• Like 1
2 hours ago, brambles said:

Any of you lads use one? If so what sort of money would you need to spend to get one that does a reasonable job. I see them from £180-£3000, any help is appreciated 

If your on WhatsApp, send me your number and I’ll send a couple of videos from the other night with the ranges the rabbits were.

Have used a range, my mate has the top range one, and its great, you can see something a km away very clearly. . . . . . which is fairly pointless really. I want to see whats within the max 100 acre field I'm in, and I want to know what it is and run it with my dog. One thing a lot of people forget is go for one with low mag, as you will be scanning fields if using a dog, not trying to zoom in and stick a slug in its head across a field. Xm30 is fine. Have some funny moments with thermal, spent a while walking up a big fallow buck once, which was a chimney stack sticking over a hedge. Theres a bit of an art to getting it all right, with range, quarry identification etc, especially if there are two of you, one using the thermal and one the lamp. 

• Like 1

I bought one about 4 months ago and as much as seeing what is around for hunting it’s just nice to watch nature doing what it does after dark. watching barn owls, foxes hunting recently noticed the rabbits getting in the mood it’s not all about killing stuff just good to get out, see things you could never see it daylight or with a lamp. 

• Like 8